X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ix 12 and AS3X receiver....

I have decided to try one of these receivers....my question is...Can I set this up using my radio alone...or do I still need an adapter cable to interface with the receiver....I am thinking not as the receiver did not come with one.....

Good question. The only example I've seen where the IX12 was used to program an AS3X Rx, involved the addition of some kind of Bluetooth module. It wasn't mine so I can't give details of what was needed.

Comment

I have looked at the Motion page and it has two cables, one for PC and one for Bluetooth....The videos by Spektrum show an iPhone cable which I guess is discontinued...I have downloaded the app on to the radio but am guessing I still need a cable.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick227 View Post
        I have looked at the Motion page and it has two cables, one for PC and one for Bluetooth....The videos by Spektrum show an iPhone cable which I guess is discontinued...I have downloaded the app on to the radio but am guessing I still need a cable.....
        From watching my flying buddy, the cable is no longer required if you have the Bluetooth piece. I saw him change parameters wirelessly. The cable is only to connect the RX to a programming device like a smart phone or PC. The IX12 does it by BT. Maybe contact Horizon to be sure.

Comment

I think you are 100% correct....that would make sense....

Comment

The Bluetooth piece was installed in the plane. I think it was somehow plugged into the RX, likely via the "data" port. He had way more success with BT than he did with the cable and smart phone. He messed with that one plane for weeks and got nowhere before he got the BT attachment.

Comment

Guess I have to order that....thanx for the heads up

Comment

Well I got the blue tooth adapter, was able to connect at first however the program app I downloaded from Spektrum seems to be missing the DR/Expo button....and on the dashboard it says NA! Tried deleting and redownloading app same result...and now I get an error msg that says the receiver is not in the receiving mode please recycle power....did that numerous times...same result...????

Comment

That has got to be frustrating. My buddy was pulling his hair out before and after getting the Bluetooth thing. Even though he could talk to the RX, there were oddities he still couldn't figure out. I've only ever done it using the smart phone app and even there, it wasn't always a smooth process. I don't know what to tell you but to try and get some help from Horizon. Personally, I don't use Spektrum RXs of any kind anymore. It seems the more advanced they get, the harder it is to figure them out.
                  PS. One thing I used to always do incorrectly and I don't know if the Bluetooth set up has something like this. Nothing would work until I turned the volume up as high as it will go on the smart phone. Do you have a volume setting on your TX?

Comment

When I tried to program the receiver with my phone app I had nothing but problems. The computer program works for me every time so I put the program on my laptop for portability and it works great. The phone app never worked for me. Good luck........:Cool:

Comment

Yes, volume is all the way up on transmitter....I downloaded app on my iPhone and was gonna use that but it doesn’t list the ix12 as a transmitter choice....where as the app on the ix12 automatically fills in ix12.....

Comment

If I leave Bluetooth adapter plugged into receiver on power up, the esc won’t initialize and if I plug blue tooth adapter in after the the esc initializes the error msg comes up recycle power to receiver....sure am glad I spent 160 on this garbage....

Comment

If I leave Bluetooth adapter plugged into receiver on power up, the esc won’t initialize and if I plug blue tooth adapter in after the the esc initializes the error msg comes up recycle power to receiver....sure am glad I spent 160 on this garbage....
                          If memory serves, when the RX is in program mode, it doesn't act like a receiver, so nothing on the plane should work. When I was programming with the cable, basically the RX as far as being a RX goes, was dead.

Comment

On the videos that spectrum put out he was operating flight controls and reversing Servos while in the app....and setting end points.....

Comment

On the videos that spectrum put out he was operating flight controls and reversing Servos while in the app....and setting end points.....
                              Interesting. Mine was basically dead. The ESC never initialized either.

Comment

Yeah.....it seems mine is dead also....gonna call horizon tomorrow....something is not right......should have just gone the hobby eagle route it seems....cheaper and less problems...

Comment

All my planes except for the Radian XL has HobbyEagle or Lemon stabilized RX when I wanted a gyro. Have you tried to download the program for the AS3X for your particular plane? Does one exist?

Comment

Just got off the phone with Horizon...not much help...first he said he thought receiver was bad..then transmitter and finally app that ix12 was downloading...He said I should try using app that I downloaded on my iPhone even though it doesn’t give me the ix12 option under transmitters... I should just select Dx18...he said it should not make a difference....I guess I will try that...:Straight-Face:

Comment

Try doing it while you stay at a Motel 8. :Thinking::Silly:

Comment

Didn’t work.....sending it back....

Comment

Working...
                                        X