X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIRAL RECEIVERS & SATELLITES

Hello to everyones The Admiral 6-ch has the same range capacity as the 10 ch or is only a question on having 4 more channels ? I have an old SPEKTRUM DX8i transmitter and just order the AL 37 AIRLINER ...I would like to fit the Admiral receiver with telemetry and a Admiral satellite.Thank you !

Yes. Satellites are mainly for better receiver reception through the aircraft structure. Which I guess in a way translates to "range". I use Spektrum radios with "Spektrum", "Yellow" and "Admiral" receivers and have not noticed any difference in my foam airplanes and EDF's. If I have a receiver installation that is behind a battery, or between the battery and motor, or other metal parts I add a satellite outside this area. So, if you are worried about "reception", choose a receiver not based on channels but on if you can add one or more satellites.
    As for range, I only fly as far as I can tell which way the airplane is going and I'm sure the range on all these receivers is considerably further than that. I would imagine the AL37 would be just a dot at less than 1/2 mile in ideal conditions.
    This is my opinion.

Comment

The Admirals are all I use, I probably have have over 60 of them and I use the sats as the primary receiver in all my helicopters.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
        Yes. Satellites are mainly for better receiver reception through the aircraft structure. Which I guess in a way translates to "range". I use Spektrum radios with "Spektrum", "Yellow" and "Admiral" receivers and have not noticed any difference in my foam airplanes and EDF's. If I have a receiver installation that is behind a battery, or between the battery and motor, or other metal parts I add a satellite outside this area. So, if you are worried about "reception", choose a receiver not based on channels but on if you can add one or more satellites.
        As for range, I only fly as far as I can tell which way the airplane is going and I'm sure the range on all these receivers is considerably further than that. I would imagine the AL37 would be just a dot at less than 1/2 mile in ideal conditions.
        This is my opinion.
        Ok thank you is the one with telemetry is it worth or a 6 ch or better a 10 ch plus a satellite will be more than enough ? 10 channel has a better range than a 6ch or are the same in range ?

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          The Admirals are all I use, I probably have have over 60 of them and I use the sats as the primary receiver in all my helicopters.
          Ok thank you !

Comment

Working...
          X