Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSM2 DSMX compatible Radios

Hey folks,
    I am a total newbie here as well as getting into the RC flying.
    Can anyone shed some light on the currently available TXs (other than Spektrum) that support DSM* protocol?
    I have just joined an RC club (not in the US) and I was advised to invest in a good Futaba / FrSky etc. transmitter. However most of the aircrafts I have been looking at are from HorizonHobby or Eflite.... and those mainly use Spektrum technology.
    I'd liek to know what are the option of using any non-Spektrum Radio (like Open TX based) and still being able to bind and fly planes that come with Spektrum technology.

Any advise appreciated.
    Cheers

Frsky transmitters are nice. I own a Spektrum, mostly because I was impatient and don't know anyone locally who could advise me in person about Opentx. Now that I have seen the Frsky model that is in a comparable price range as the Dx9 that I have, I kind of wish I had purchased the Frsky. And if you have someone local who can guide you through it then it's probably worth it just to get more channels. In the other hand if price isn't an issue, the high channel high dollar Spektrum transmitters seem really nice as well. I guess what I'm saying is both are nice. Like I said, I have the Dx9, 9 channels are great for most everything and I say if you see yourself really getting into rc planes, you will want at least 9 channels.

The short answer on Frsky is that they are completely compatible with Spektrum receivers. The Frsky just requires a module for the transmitter, an easy installation.

Comment

Working...
    X