You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove very small c clips on strut linkage?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove very small c clips on strut linkage?

Anybody know how to remove these c clips, sometimes called d clips from the strut linkage, is there a special tool? These things are so small and have a chance of losing one if I try to pry them off, cant find them this small anywhere. I know they have special pliers for the larger ones with holes to grab, but these have no holes.
    CT

Re: How to remove very small c clips on strut linkage?

Hi it is a hard thing to do i use a small Stanley 1.4 flat headed screw driver to remove mine. I will typically use a big box with a white towel and slowly work it off and for the most part they don't fling of for me but if it does it goes right int the box on the white towel you could use paper as well to help locate the c-clamp.
    Hope this works for you as it does for me.
    Thanks Brad

Comment

Small flathead screwdriver; do it in a white garbage bag. Same putting it back on (in the bag), using a good needlenose with a square tip to push it home once you get it started.

Comment

Proper tool for the job makes the job fast, safe, and pain-free:

http://www.sears.com/search=pliers+retain+ring+conver.+each?redirectTyp e=CAT_REC&prop17=pliers+retain+ring+conver.+each&v iewItems=25&autoRedirect=true&storeId=10153&levels =Tools_Hand+Tools_Pliers

I place a magnet nearby, as well.

Comment

Thank you Sometimer!

Comment

Working...
          X