X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retracts

How to install a retract pin that requires a clip at the top? I don’t want to take the retract apart..

Originally posted by EDFURCHE View Post
    How to install a retract pin that requires a clip at the top? I don’t want to take the retract apart..
    Unfortunately Ed you're gonna have to disassemble the etract if it is the standard style out there on the market with the e-clip set in a recess in the top of the trunnion.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

How did you get the old one out? Sometimes, if you are lucky and very skillful, the C-clip and be slid down the tiny space using a magnetized, thin bladed driver of some kind. If you can get it centered over the pin just so, and give if a firm push, you can get it to clip in. I've ever only done it once and it took an inordinate amount of my time. Most of us just take the thing apart. It's actually quicker that way than depending on luck.

Comment

When working on the clip, I recommend doing so with your hands in a large clear plastic bag or Ziploc bag, just in case it goes flying! I'll attach a small magnet on the outside of the bag and one on the inside of the bag, too.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I agree, the best way is to take it apart. The plastic bag is an excellent idea!!! Wish I would of thought of that. I've always used a white mat and a magnet taped in the area against the clip Then pry towards the magnet very carefully.
          Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

ok i figured itout. the retract already had the post in it. the gear had a post. i just removed the post from the gear!!
            Ok I'm old!!! Takes me awhile.

Comment

What do you click to start a new topic?

Comment

Originally posted by EDFURCHE View Post
                What do you click to start a new topic?
                Go to the forum where you want your new topic to be. Near the top (left side) you'll see "new topic".

Comment

Working...
                X