Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for wheels...

Hey Guys,

I'm in need of some wheels for the Avios 1200mm Sea Fury. Specifically, I would like to find some wheels that are 2.75" in diameter, and about ½" wide. Axle hole 4mm. I bought a set of the Dubro low bounce 2.75" wheels, and while they are nice wheels, they are too wide to fit in the wheel wells, and the hub is to wide for the axle and keeper. Folks on RCG suggested the earlier than V6 1400mm P-51 wheels. They are supposed to have a white vs. silver hub, and are narrower that the V7+ P-51 wheels. Problem is finding those early wheels.

Motion Folks, have any of those older wheels I could buy? Other folks, do you know where I could find a 2.75" diameter wheel, about ½" wide, that fits a 4mm axle???

Thanks in advance...
    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

The 1400mm Corsair still uses those tires. Here is a link to the set: http://www.motionrc.com/1400mm-fms-f...r-v3-tire-set/

Comment

Thanks! Just what I was looking for!
      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

Comment

No problem! In fact, I think I will have to try a set of these on my Sea Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
          Thanks! Just what I was looking for!
          Just wanted to alert you that those wheels are actually 7/8" or 23mm wide. Just measured mine cause I didn't think that they were only 1/2" wide.
          Diameter is 2-3/4" with a 4mm axle hole. It was the standard wheel that FMS used on the F4U, F6F(discontinued) and the P-40E(discontinued).
          Best regards,
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes, they are wider but the width of the axle is the main issue, and the axle holder is about 1/2". Even the stock wheels are closer the 3/4" Total width. Dremelling will be required to get the wheel in anyway. All that is necessary is detailed here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post33347556

Comment

I ended up with some different wheels. These are the 2.75" MPI light foam aluminum wheels. I purchased them from an online retailer called R/C Dude, about $25.00 shipped. They are very high quality, and super light. I did a video (sorry for the poor quality) that kind of explains them. Finding V6 P-51 wheels was harder than it sounded, and I struck out...

Using a 2.75" MPI Aluminum Hub Light Foam Wheel from R/C Dude. $24.77 shipped.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm in need of some wheels for the Avios 1200mm Sea Fury. Specifically, I would like to find some wheels that are 2.75" in diameter, and about ½" wide. Axle hole 4mm. I bought a set of the Dubro low bounce 2.75" wheels, and while they are nice wheels, they are too wide to fit in the wheel wells, and the hub is to wide for the axle and keeper. Folks on RCG suggested the earlier than V6 1400mm P-51 wheels. They are supposed to have a white vs. silver hub, and are narrower that the V7+ P-51 wheels. Problem is finding those early wheels.

Motion Folks, have any of those older wheels I could buy? Other folks, do you know where I could find a 2.75" diameter wheel, about ½" wide, that fits a 4mm axle???

Thanks in advance...

Look at the Dave Brown wheels. You may need to drill out the hubs a smidge to fit the axle but they are not too wide and are really shock absorbing. I too like the dubro wheels but many times they are too wide.

Comment

I agree, DB's are the way to go.
                  Now, since we're on the subject, somewhere in the maze we call HobbySquawk, someone posted something about a diamond tread tire/wheel that would look so cool on the Mustangs. Anyone remember where that was? And yes, I'm going to start keeping a not book on all this.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hey GMan!

I made a post about the diamond tread wheels on the P-38 thread #145. Robart makes scale WWII diamond tread wheels and Dubro also makes them but not totally scale.

Comment

I ended up with some different wheels. These are the 2.75" MPI light foam aluminum wheels. I purchased them from an online retailer called R/C Dude, about $25.00 shipped. They are very high quality, and super light. I did a video (sorry for the poor quality) that kind of explains them. Finding V6 P-51 wheels was harder than it sounded, and I struck out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqRrU6pQMA
                      Nice job, I am going to try the Corsair wheels since I already have some laying around, but those wheels look like they will be a great plan B if the Corsair ones don't fit.

Comment

The Dynam F6F and Corsairs wheels should be a good fit.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hey, check out the freewing mustang wheels we sell. They are about a 1/2" wide and 4mm hole with the diamond tread http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-85m...or-4-2mm-axle/. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                            Hey, check out the freewing mustang wheels we sell. They are about a 1/2" wide and 4mm hole with the diamond tread http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-85m...or-4-2mm-axle/. Hope this helps.
                            The OP is looking for a 2-3/4" dia wheel whereas those Freewing Mustang mains are 3-3/8(85mm) and they are 3/4 inch wide on the wheel hub with a 1 inch tire width so it would be a good bet that they won't work for his application. Now they were a perfect match for my 1600 Seagull Skyraider!
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

The parkzone/hobbyzone Corsair wheels work great! No more nose overs and they look much better than stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X