Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

landing gear on new edf,s

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landing gear on new edf,s

Dear Motion

Take it constructive but HSD and Taft have Metal retracts that are absolutely tuff. Maybe look at their construction for your new line of EDF,s comin out. I just got a F15 for xmas and dropped gear for 1st time on bench and It has a half inch wobble. It an arf so it doesnt have motor yet, just saying the plastic retracts are getting antiquated

Just sayin

Comment

I too can attest to the strength of Taft and HSD retracts. I do love FMS 1400 birds, but as soon as I have trouble with their retracts as I always do , I replace with HSD. I was tired of always replacing broken ones with FMS replacement, only to have them again fail prematurely. My active birds now only have these as replacements. I would say the units on the Taft Viper are the best value and extremely durable, and the all metal HSD units are bulletproof but somewhat pricey, but am willing to pay the extra to insure a $500 edf or warbird and its longjevity.

Comment

I wouldn't spend another penny on either HSD or Freewing retracts. They both suck and what's even worth noting is that the HSD are two wire and will not function with the HSD controller which in itself is a failure prone P.O.S. And yes, nothing but failures with the crap from Freewing. I speak from experience.

Interestingly, my post regarding the issue with Freewing retracts has been removed from this forum. IMHO Motion RC has taken a nose dive in what used to be their exceptional customer service.
        Last edited by BobinAZ; Jul 18, 2019, 03:21 PM. Reason: Added additional information

Comment

Working...
        X