X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eflite retracts

Apparently MRC is no longer carrying the Eflite universal retracts. Is this the case or am I just not finding them?

Amazon has them. Pricey compared to FreeWing but maybe they're worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
      Amazon has them. Pricey compared to FreeWing but maybe they're worth it?
      5-6 years ago I would have said yes for the most part. e-flite did go through some troubles with their plastic trunions but back then were considered the leader in small electric retracts. With the maturity of small electric retracts most are just as good as another and I've had no troubles with manufacturing the last few years with Freewing retracts.

If you really need them Horizon is your main source.

Comment

I'm with Beeg. I got a set of Eflite retracts years ago as a gift and they worked really well and were fairly stout. However, by today's standards, they are a bit overpriced. That's where "worth" comes into it. Now that FMS is manufacturing some of the new Eflite planes, even they don't use Eflite retracts. Although I've never had my Eflite retracts fail, I've had some non-Eflite retracts in Eflite planes fail. So again, worth and value is a matter of personal definition.

Comment

I agree as well. I only get eflite retracts when I absolutely need them for a specific application that I can't use other brands for. I used them on my H9 20CC Corsair, and I am using their 105 degree nose retract in my wowplanes B-29. That said, the units for the Corsair look fantastic, and might be worth the hefty price. They are all machined aluminum and seem very well built.

Comment

I use other retracts the E-flite are pretty much to expensive and same quality as the cheaper ones. OK Dynam not so but now they have fixed them so maybe they will be on track now.

Comment

One of the benifits of the Eflite universals is they have a long strut shaft that you can cut to fit the application that I am using them on. I also like the coil in the strut that gives them some suspension. I have never had one fail or even hang up temporarily I have them in several planes most with hundreds of flights and several years old. Yes they cost more but the peace of mind is worth it to me.

Comment

I was close to buying the eflite 4 to 7 lbs universal retracts, but then I saw the MRC retracts, with oleo struts shock absorbing scale looking awesomeness.......

Comment

Working...
                X