X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Glue

Best glue for joining the carbon tubes and the 2 fuselage halves together on the AL 37 Thanks in advance

FOAM-TAC best best best.
    AMA 424553

Comment

you can get fix n flex from horizon for a lot less than foam tac. and it works great. but takes like 2 whole days to cure. but it definitely bonds plastics ect to foam very well. https://deluxematerials.co.uk/products/fix-n-flex

Comment

FOAM-TAC best best best.
        AMA 424553

Comment

I agree Foam-Tac is the best and not that expensive.

Comment

And it don't take two steenkin days to cure per the reference to fix-n-flex
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              And it don't take two steenkin days to cure per the reference to fix-n-flex
              It may not have actually took that long. It's soft like silicone. So I was poking at it with a fingernail. I still felt soft. I didn't try pulling it apart. Like I said it definitely works. I ordered a bottle of foam tac just to compare. But by the time the foam tac shows up the fix n flex would have had me flying again.
              for what it's worth horizon hobby sells fix n flex. Your hobby shop can get it by next day. Foam tac must be toxic because it can't be shipped by air. You literally have to wait a week or more for delivery depending where you live. I'm currently on 7 days from Amazon

Comment

Foam Tac
                rc flyin addict

Comment

here is how well it sticks to plastic and foam. btw, I didn't even clean the servo. it has nitro fuel oil film and dirt on it still I just rubbed it off with a rag and no solvent. I had to twist the servo off. as you can see, it brought foam with it. it is able to be scrapped off the housing. it's a soft silicone like material. the only way foam tac is better, would be if it dries faster. because fix n flex does everything you need it to do. it also doesn't harm electronics. it's a perfect alternative.
                  the second attachment I scraped it off with my fingernail. to show that it is removable without harm to your servos. it's on there good but not too good. it's perfect. it's not some cheap junk, it's made for this stuff. and made in the UK. where they probably can't get foam tac.
                  Clear, tough, resilient, gap-filling adhesive. Bonds foam, plastic & metal. Produces flexible bonds in ways that other glues cannot. Fix ‘n’ Flex is a 1 part, clear, air drying, flexible adhesive with gap filling properties. It has exceptional surface grip and is safe to use, curing at 1-2 mm /hour. Joints that are
                  Attached Files

Comment

Foam-tac is the same
                    AMA 424553

Comment

alright so i'm testing the foam tac. now i see why it can't be shipped via air. stuff is potent like paint or model glue. maybe this is why it will set up faster.
                      it's also a lot more runny. so you may have to tape parts in place. or use tape to keep if from dripping out all over other stuff.. the fix n flex is thick so it wont run or drip out. and holds the parts without tape. maybe not a servo but 2 foam pcs and maybe something lighter than a servo. this helps in mounting things to vertical surfaces.

edit, after about 10 mins the foam tac is melting the packing foam my plane came in. so it's not exactly a safe for all foam glue.

Comment

guys foam tack isn't all that great. it's eating right through some packing foam. in fact I will not be using it on anything. I don't trust it after seeing this,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by serpentracer View Post
                          alright so i'm testing the foam tac. now i see why it can't be shipped via air. stuff is potent like paint or model glue. maybe this is why it will set up faster.
                          it's also a lot more runny. so you may have to tape parts in place. or use tape to keep if from dripping out all over other stuff.. the fix n flex is thick so it wont run or drip out. and holds the parts without tape. maybe not a servo but 2 foam pcs and maybe something lighter than a servo. this helps in mounting things to vertical surfaces.

edit, after about 10 mins the foam tac is melting the packing foam my plane came in. so it's not exactly a safe for all foam glue.
                          It's doesn't claim to be safe for ALL foams.
                          It clearly states on the package...……...Depron, EPP, EPO
                          Packing foam is made from EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) which is the easiest to melt of any of the foams with solvents.
                          Most of the modern foam planes are made with EPO.
                          I'll lay a wager that packing foam will melt with your favorite new glue too
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

It's doesn't claim to be safe for ALL foams.
                            It clearly states on the package...……...Depron, EPP, EPO
                            Packing foam is made from EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) which is the easiest to melt of any of the foams with solvents.
                            Most of the modern foam planes are made with EPO.
                            I'll lay a wager that packing foam will melt with your favorite new glue too
                            that's the same foam I used to test fix n flex with and it did not melt it. the only glue that did melt it between foam tac, bob smith industries foam cure, zap foam safe ca and fix n flex was foam tac.
                            however I do like how fast it was curing.

Comment

Working...
                            X