You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neat Tumbling Trick with P-51 that I wanted to share....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Tumbling Trick with P-51 that I wanted to share....

I discovered this trick with the e-Flite P-51 Mustang a few years ago - and I have been able to accomplish said trick with the Freewing P-51 Old Crow as well. I will include a diagram of the actual trick, as I don't currently have an efficient way of photographing it. The trick requires you to be a "few problems" high, and for the flaps to be on a quick deployment setting - I usually have mine on a timed release for scale appearance....

As seen in bock 1 - you will roll the aircraft on it's back and begin an inverted climb pointing her nose towards the sky.

In block 2, you will conitnue to accelerate upwards in this inverted fashion until you feel comfortable to enter an inverted stall - it is at this moment you will drop in full flaps - along with FULL THROTTLE

What should be the result - is a tumbling action generated by the force pushing off of the flaps - causing a forward flipping motion.

I found this trick to be very entertaining to myself and spectators, although improper starting altitude can result in an inability to regain control.

Hope you find it entertaining!

Andy

Attached Files
Working...
X