You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That negative feeling or the doubt monster.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We call them "Targets" LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I got rattled last year when I augered My Little Gal I in, well documented elsewhere, but it really did a number on me. I literally shook when I was first flying at Nefi and had to get Captain Mike to maiden My Little Gal II, I just couldn't do it. Got home, lawn darted the new Spitfire, oh man, just what I needed. Then, suddenly I was over it and back into the air again. Black Saturday happened, when I cracked up three planes (see Airplane Triage) instead of shaking me again, I came home, dumped them off, grabbed three more and went back to the field and flew the pants off them.
      I found myself getting very attached to my airplanes, which, I guess, is good and bad, but lets face it, they're chunks of foam, and as much as we love them, we have to think of them as such when we crack one up, otherwise we'd be spending all our money on a Shrink instead of giving it to Motion R/C where it belongs!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Feel your pain Grossman...I went through a pretty ugly stretch about a year ago where I lost like 3 or 4 planes in a few week period. Ugh. Your confidence can really get shaken. Took me a while to recover from that bad juju I was in.
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Just thought I would add that Penguins are Targets to a Flyers fan :P​. Devil Z, living where you do, I can't imagine stepping out the door and flying flawlessly after such a long layover. Don't be so hard on yourself man. Lots of good advice here about preparation and confidence. Don't forget to use the Force.:Cool:

Comment

Yeah the extended dead time is bad. But I have only been flying for 3 years and this year coming out of the cabin was not as bad as last lol. I flew my p51 and that was hairy as hell. Some how my trims got all out of whack and it was all over the map. I made one pass and got it down to adjust. Last year that plane would be fodder. Trimmed it out and up she went flew great.Still not a huge fan of the frame. Took the 1400 fms V3 Corsair up. Good times have always loved how this bird can really rip the sky up. If I ever make a speed demon it will be this frame. Had a oh S*iT mommnet as I flared to much on landing put I threw the throttle forward and banked out. Ugly but effective. Came down fine. Finally the t28 went up 4 times with no issue and her standard 3000mah packs back in.
            AMA 1102566

Comment

See, now you're back in the saddle again!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Late last year I had bought the grey 90mm F16 second hand. I had a heck of a time flying that one..I just could not get the CG right ..when in flight ,the elevator control was way too sensitive, so my short flights looked like it was on a roller coaster. after adjust CG and elevator travel, 2nd flight,same result..land readjust ..3rd flight, wouldnt rotate for T/O and smacked it into a curb at the end of the parking lot. destroying the fuse...weeks later I had the Thunderbird version.. first 2 flights ,while nervous, went perfect! then I get that bad feeling ...even asked my wife..shall I try a third..she said no..call it quits. I went for it anyway... using an older battery (big mistake) the takeoff mustve sucked that battery dry ,because right after t/o I could tell,it just did not have any power at all...I tried to circle around and do an emergency landing ..but it just didnt have the juice.. stalled out and nose dived upside down sorta...destroyed the fuse...
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Yep, sometimes that little voice is just too danged uncanny!!
                  I'll admit though, sometimes I listen and sometime I don't, but there's one rule in R/C and life for that matter.....

ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WIFE!!
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Amen brother.;)

Comment

Happy Wife, Happy Life.
                      Crabby Wife, Crappy Life.

LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment