Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Virtue - I'm going with an F-35, although I'd rather it be an F-22 twin 80mm ;), but F-35 is my official guess. The reason I say F-35 is that one variant is VTOL. Therefore, "V" for Virtue and VTOL. Although, I would expect that we would not get teh VTOL version, but oh man would that be cool!

Project Tennyson50 - As much as I love twins and would die for a P-61, I'm going single engine instead and guessing F4 Wildcat. Got to continue rounding out the Cat line. ;) My guess is based on 2nd Lt Jack Tennyson who flew the F-4B and died in combat over Japan.
    Last edited by crxmanpat; Jun 28, 2017, 03:37 PM. Reason: Modified to include the "AND" per Alpha's rules.
    Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      What's this "sleep" I keep hearing about? I'm suspicious of sleep... it feels like I'm practicing being dead... no thank you. I'd rather be eyes open all day and night making planes for all you jokers. :D

Don't forget the first "AND" in my earlier post:

"Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced."

Who knows? If this becomes really interesting, I might send you the entire aircraft for free.
      yup, I completely overlooked the AND part...wow, that makes it really super tough
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

so, I will stick with my F35 guess , as it is an aircraft that demonstrates its powerful potential...yet, its still untested in actual combat. ...hmmm..the prop I'll have to think about, but I get the feeling it has something to do with Tennessee lol
        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

ok, for the prop , Tennyson50 project...long shot here... but Im going to say a Stinson, built by Consolidated Vultee up until 1950
          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

I am going to have a crack at project tennyson50......Its a b-29.....the logic being:
            tenny refers to Oak Ridge,Tennessee where the "Little Boy" (son) was developed which detonated at an altitude of 50ft (50) above hiroshima.....dropped by a B-29:)

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              LOL, what's funny is when I see you, you always look so fresh/awake like you've slept for 10 hours.
              Just like a robot, wouldn't you say? :Smug: Or, if "it" is human, maybe it is mixing lasagna with embalming fluid:Drinks::Dizzy:

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post

Just like a robot, wouldn't you say? :Smug: Or, if "it" is human, maybe it is mixing lasagna with embalming fluid:Drinks::Dizzy:
                LOL, and Jet-A for face lotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                  I am going to have a crack at project tennyson50......Its a b-29.....the logic being:
                  tenny refers to Oak Ridge,Tennessee where the "Little Boy" (son) was developed which detonated at an altitude of 50ft (50) above hiroshima.....dropped by a B-29:)
                  Very good rationale. You may have it.

Comment

....been searching the internet for clues to Project Tennyson50 and Virtue .... still searching. Hoping "Virtue" is related to an awesome 80mm single A-4 Scooter or a twin 80mm F-4 Phantom.

Comment

I can go ahead and say that if Project Virtue is an F-4, F-22, or "Super Scale" F/A-18, I'm most surely going to have to start eating ramen noodles full-time to not only afford the plane, but to buy storage for everything. Phew, it's getting crowded here in the Man Cave!

Comment

I am thinking, hoping one is the Douglas A-26 Invader...

Comment

I really started to think Pat nailed it with the Wildcat and then got to wondering about that LG mechanism and the ability to do that reliably in mass production. My guess is an Avro Lancaster bomber. Something for the Spit crowd to fly high cover for. Maybe get a free book of poetry in the box. :)

Comment

Keep it coming guys, some of these are really funny like above. Some of you, I like the way you think. B-29 would be bucket list.
                            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Poetry book, that made me laugh after a 19 hour day!

To be clear, even if someone were to post the correct associations, I will not acknowledge they were correct until the actual official product announcement. Sort of what we did with the Tigercat release's guessing game. So far, Wesnc has posted the closest to what I'd say qualifies as a valid association, in terms of depth of correlation and rationale.

Even if/when it costs me an airplane, I'd actually really be happy if someone articulated the correct associations. To help out, I'll throw in a hint, sort of: My mother was an instructor of history. I am its student.

​​​​​​
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It's got to be a big super scale OV-10B, it would top all previous MRC sales! Make available the OV-10D elongated snout, and all the weapons, it's a no-brainer!:Drooling:

Comment

It would be awesome if Project Virtue is a Mig-29. Freewing's amazing detail and engineering on a proper Mig-29 would just be something dreams are made of!

Comment

Oh come on guys, it's so obviously a Concorde with a SR-71 strapped to its back! LOL ;) :Silly:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

With that last clue it could be anything from the Wright flyer to the Spruce Goose to the F100 or AV8B.
                                      Hold on to those extra Nerf whistles.

https://youtu.be/0UilDqgwkro

Plane

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Project Virtue - I'm going with an F-35, although I'd rather it be an F-22 twin 80mm ;), but F-35 is my official guess. The reason I say F-35 is that one variant is VTOL. Therefore, "V" for Virtue and VTOL. Although, I would expect that we would not get teh VTOL version, but oh man would that be cool!

Project Tennyson50 - As much as I love twins and would die for a P-61, I'm going single engine instead and guessing F4 Wildcat. Got to continue rounding out the Cat line. ;) My guess is based on 2nd Lt Jack Tennyson who flew the F-4B and died in combat over Japan.
                                        Not to rain on your parade, Pat, but I came across the same reference, and wondered about it since the only aircraft at that time designated anything like "F-4B" was the Boeing F4B biplane that was long gone by the time Lt. Tennyson went down in 1944.The Lt.'s squadron, VMSB-243, flew the SBD Dauntless exclusively as far as I can tell, so apparently that reference is incorrect. Since I don't see any way to incorporate the "50" part of the project name, I don't see any point in using this to guess the SBD. :)

Unless of course you are correct, and the incorrect reference is the tortured association. Cancel the rain... :Confused:

Comment

Well, it was worth a shot anyway. And Alpha did say "if you want to spend hours on Google", and that search only took me like 5 minutes. :)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X