Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha, the bone is Kant? Or spitballing?
    Rcjetdude, how do we/you know it's a jet? I still believe it's gonna be a great big OV-10 Bronco, all the hardware (bombs rockets missiles), optional D nose, optional power upgrade. Big beautiful scale LG. I believe. I believe. :Sick2:

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
      Alpha, the bone is Kant? Or spitballing?
      Rcjetdude, how do we/you know it's a jet? I still believe it's gonna be a great big OV-10 Bronco, all the hardware (bombs rockets missiles), optional D nose, optional power upgrade. Big beautiful scale LG. I believe. I believe. :Sick2:
      Quote from Alpha on page 1:
      Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Good catch, TSHobbies. Project Virtue is a jet, and Project Tennyson50 is a warbird. And as the first to give it a [somewhat] shot, I'll do you one better and confirm that Virtue is not an A7. :)
      So we will be getting one of each :).

Comment

I'll throw y'all another Bone on Project Virtue (sorry to say, though, it isn't a B-1B):

Kant.

I hope at the very least we're all learning new things during our hours of research/spitballing.
        Hmm, project virtue must be a F-4. Here's my take on that:

Mr. Kant, a moral philosopher once said in part two of his Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals, "that morality is not a mere phantom of the brain".

Comment

I just found that... hmmmm. You could be on to something there. You may have it T-CAT..

Comment

Doh! I fell behind on this post. Yeah tcat I think you nailed it! A Phantom!

Comment

Let's hope so :Cool: because a F-4 would be fantastic to see in Freewings line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                Doh! I fell behind on this post. Yeah tcat I think you nailed it! A Phantom!
                So get busy trying to find out the rationale behind Tennyson50 and the Bronco ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Kant.
                  Well, I have to point out that I was sort of on the right track by looking to classical literature for "Virtue" a few posts above. Anyway, a nice overview of Kant's philosophy of virtue and vice can be found here:

But let me say something really simple that requires less philosophy. Referencing Kant might be a good fit with a German plane. Of course Freewing already has a good model of the most iconic German jet (Me-262), so ....what else is there? Something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

So get busy trying to find out the rationale behind Tennyson50 and the Bronco ;)
                    That's easy CB! Somebody has to white phos the target for the bug bashers! The prop job has to be a bronco!

Comment

There is a Lord Tennyson race horse that could possibly be somehow tied to a 'Bronco'.....

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Bronco Jockey Charlie, here's an obscure thought. A little research into the Tennyson Children's Center in Denver, home of the Broncos, reveals that it first opened under that name in 1978, with enough room/beds for 50 children. Totally off the wall, but I thought I would lob that one over the fence...

Comment

There 'ya go.... were getting closer to that OV10 for you Boots and OV10

Comment

The Tennyson Children Center.org page actually says this: " In 1978, the Tennyson Center for Children completed the transition to a residential treatment center, housing 50 children". For accuracy/clarity. Site also indicated in 1978 had their first Denver Dinner with speaker Craig Morton, former Denver Broncos QB.

Comment

Hmmm...:Thinking: Could it be a :ov10 after all?

Comment

Looks like some pretty well thought out rationale for Tennyson50 to be a Bronco and Virtue to be a Phantom to me. I love this kind of guessing game. Very fun...

Comment

:ov10 I'M GETTIN RANDY :)
                                  Great correlation there Westy ;)
                                  C'mon Boots, start the stock pile of 'white phos' for the celebration :Cool:
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I figured it would get you all keyed up Charlie...

Comment

Someone say "bug basher"? Maybe its just another A-10.... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by gravity tester View Post
                                        Someone say "bug basher"? Maybe its just another A-10.... LOL
                                        Natural weathering, woohoo! Who needs an airbrush when you have that. LOL

Comment

Some great info., ideas, and research by everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X