X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also a refurbished pilot

i built and flew control lines when I was 16. I still have my .049 engine and a McCoy .36 engine.
    I am now 75 years old and getting back to flying but with RC this time. I purchased a DX8Gen2 and preordered the carbon cub, I fell it should be a good trainer and I look forward to flying it. When I started looking into it I was surprised how the technology has improved through the years. The electric engines, gas engines, in my day it was the glow plug and whacked my thumb many times turning the prop.
    I will enjoy being a part of this family for sure.

Welcome back to the addiction sasnak6 clever on your screen name. You'll find this to be a great community of Rc addicts willing to help and answer any questions that you have.

Comment

Originally posted by sasnak6 View Post
      i built and flew control lines when I was 16. I still have my .049 engine and a McCoy .36 engine.
      I am now 75 years old and getting back to flying but with RC this time. I purchased a DX8Gen2 and preordered the carbon cub, I fell it should be a good trainer and I look forward to flying it. When I started looking into it I was surprised how the technology has improved through the years. The electric engines, gas engines, in my day it was the glow plug and whacked my thumb many times turning the prop.
      I will enjoy being a part of this family for sure.
      It's great that you have gotten back into a hobby that gave you such joy when you were young. A few years ago, I made friends with a fellow about your age, who just got back into it like you. He is now 81 and the last several years have been terrific for both of us. In his case, I believe it was a life extender. I mentored him and we became dear friends.
      I also started when I was a teen with U-control and 049's. With the growth of electrics, I got back into it myself and haven't looked back since. It's interesting that you mention whacking your finger on the prop and the Carbon Cub. Another club member had the Carbon Z Cub and he sliced off 3 of his finger tips on the prop when he forgot to activate throttle cut and stepped into a gopher hole while carrying the plane to the runway. Don' let electrics fool you. They have tremendous torque. Good luck in your re-found hobby.

Comment

Working...
      X