X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial first EDF- seeking advice re Top RC Jet Star

Have been considering dipping my toes into EDF flying. Looking and saw this plane. 65MM fan with 31 inch span, fixed LG. Have been flying about 6 years since retirement. From trainers went to mostly Parkzone scale types. Now looking to EDF and larger, heavier planes. Flying off grass. Maybe some one has knowledge of the Jetstar and advise its suitability as a first EDF.

I have a Freewing F86 which I will tart up in aussie colours, but don't want to risk it at this time.

Thanks for any advice.

Freewing 80mm f86? If so it tells me you have 6s batts or will soon. The FW avanti 80mm is surprisingly docile (unlike my 15 year old daughter). Bigger investment than perhaps your looking for but the glowing reviews are deserved. I occasionally fly off a poorly maintained football field(right after the field is cut) and it handles it fine. Very floaty. Short take off(half flaps) and landing(with full flaps). Flew it yesterday in a twenty mph (32kph) wind with complete confidence (have stabilizers in my warbirds to fly on a windy day ,avanti does not need one). If you are flying and landing parkzone 1m/1.1m warbirds(the scale types you mentioned?) I think you could handle the avanti. If it is too much risk/investment Motion RC has several choices very similar to the jetstar. FW rebel v2 70mm,FW stinger 4s 64mm,FW stinger 3s 64mm, dynam meteor 70mm. I cant speak on their handling or suitability for grass takeoff but I think if you read the reviews on MRC website you can make an informed choice. I understand USA to AUS shipping might be prohibitive but the information on MRC site is very useful.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

I've had a jet star and while it was ok it's not a patch on the avanti if that's in your budget.
      pluses are it does use cheaper batteries and is fairly robust, it has magnetic wing joints, great if you check them! Or a major problem if your mate grabs it to chuck for you, knocks the wing and after hand launching it, it does a spiral roll straight into the ground lol
      it can be squirrelly in a forced stall but it will glide forever and looks quite nice in the sky.
      The meteor is a better jet with retracts and works on a 4s too.
      I do have a video some where I'll try and up load it.

Comment

Working...
      X