You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Freewing come out with any more EDF jets for Xmas?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Freewing come out with any more EDF jets for Xmas?

I wonder if Freewing will come out with any more new 70mm or80mm EDF Jets for Xmas?
    I would love to see a 80mm F8 Crusader or an F4 Phantom.

I know there are a lot of "big jet" guys that are chomping at the bit. It'd be nice to see something new come out soon as the forums I feel have dried up a lot, not a whole lot of chit chat. I know I've mentioned it several times, and there are a few other threads going on regarding the much desired release of a twin 80mm F4. I'd like to think a strategic release of a big jet before the holidays would get more people treating themselves "because it's Christmas" and might help with the wintertime blues; but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Heck even if another small jet came out I'd be happy for the Squawk world to give people more to chat about! At this rate, FW needs to come out with planes nearly every month LOL

Comment

They did the A-4, now the next model is the Skyraider. I don't think we will see another big EDF until hopefully by the summer, and that is a stretch. A big F-4 takes a lot of development.

Comment

Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
        They did the A-4, now the next model is the Skyraider. I don't think we will see another big EDF until hopefully by the summer, and that is a stretch. A big F-4 takes a lot of development.
        Very true, but I wouldn't be surprised if this has been in the making for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
          This is the second time I've seen you comment that the next is a Skyraider.
          Care to back your claim up with some solid proof ;) because otherwise it's just another wishful speculation.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Boy! if they are doing an F4, it must be super dooper secret!...

A Sandy would be cool too ! But a big one like the spit ! 1600mm or better.
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

For THIS Xmas? If it hasn't been leaked by now and if it hasn't been released as a "pre-order", I highly doubt it will be available by Xmas. Go to Motion's site and take a look at "new airplanes" and "coming soon airplanes". That's what's out there and that's what's on the horizon. Dec. 25 is not that far away. Even if they announced or hinted at something now, it's not going to make it to your door by Xmas.
              Take a look at the latest EDF by FMS, the new 70mm F-18. When did that first show up on forums (hint: October)? It's been on pre-order for the past week or so and those who ordered one might see it by Xmas. You can wonder all you like and ask the question but at this late date, it's purely rhetorical. Anyone who thinks they've got "inside information" about some mysterious Freewing plane NOT hinted at already and believe it will be available by Xmas must be second cousin to Alpha or the head guy at Freewing (and if they spill anything now, they'd be disowned and barred from the family Xmas dinner).

Comment

LOLLOLLOLGoing to be a lot of Empty Xmas stockings..

Comment

Awe man.... I was hoping Santa Claus was going to leave me a T-38 under my tree... :Crying2:
                  My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                    LOLLOLLOLGoing to be a lot of Empty Xmas stockings..
                    Us RC guys seem to always find ways to mask our pain - another jet, a new car, a new wife, a new girlfriend, a new radio, a new big screen 4K TV, the latest Iphone XX.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Us RC guys seem to always find ways to mask our pain - another jet, a new car, a new wife, a new girlfriend, a new radio, a new big screen 4K TV, the latest Iphone XX.
                      A new Girlfriend?? A novel Xmas present .. How you going wrap her up in the stockings??... My pockets are already suffering from r/c ..LOL

Comment

Hope tclaridge is correct about his speculation for a Skyraider cause as I deduced that one from the Tennyson hints. We do know that Virtue was an EDF( The A-4) and Tennyson is a Flightline (hopefully ) prop job. I would instantly click the pre-order button for a really nice super scale F4 but if this one doesn't appear till the Spring flying season, I wouldn't mind giving a my wallet a break.

Guys, we got pretty darn spoiled in 2017. The A-10. The FL Spitfire, The A-4, The BAe Hawk ? The F8 Crusader? The Avanti S ? The Dynam A-26? I mean C'mon guys..... To me, that's an incredibly remarkable accomplishment. Who else has delivered this level of development and rc plane fun ? Put that in your dressing and gravy! LOL
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Business is business... Keep them coming ! You can't make a few good ones and start squatting on them.
                          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

I saw that it takes for years for Motion to develop and release an EDF. That's a lot of work, but it shows.

Comment

Takes years for development, testing, revision of any good RC RTF/PNF model.

And even with that, you'll find ways to make it better.
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I think the only way we’ll receive any new jet(s) by Christmas is if Motion announces the new product between now and then, and they know it will arrive in their hands with time to receive it and ship them out to customers. Sometimes they do the “surprise, it’s new, it’s here, and ready to order and ship” type announcement :). Those are fun sometimes.

Comment

My wallet typically doesn't find suprises like that very fun around Christmas time.

Comment

LOL Wallets around that time of the year feel like they’re on a diet.

Comment

More like getting a Workout..LOL

Comment

Haha, that too. I just mean that my wallet is always sooooo light around that time of year due to the lack of cash. LOL:Scared:

Comment

Working...
                                        X