Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to have to get busy on the cockpit to make it look worthy!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey AK, I believe that's a scarf under the jacket isn't it?
      I can't recall if that's molded, but if it is, can we go a red scarf?
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	95F056C0-8908-4102-9CD4-E6E50F064774.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	117436Click image for larger version

Name:	7E75F9FA-CC7A-439D-A5A3-4B8A65D74576.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	117437Click image for larger version

Name:	381E9667-0B70-4A95-9994-F1F8DC900504.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	117435Click image for larger version

Name:	9EF03217-29B7-466A-822D-615E004E9E4D.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	117434
        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Looking good.

Comment

• Final
            Attached Files
            AMA 1102566

Comment

• That's just incredible work. All of them. :Cool:

Comment

• Just can't wait to see him in person and get some shots of him in the Spitfire. Thanks again AK!
                So, now you guys no where to go for all your pilot painting needs.
                Ben, there'll be more from me in the future!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Get them in ladys and gents. Time is of the essence.
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

• Someone recently on the other board questioned my prices and why they are so HIGH. Well I can tell you that comment alone turned my blood enough to boil and want to shut it down for good. My prices on the painting front are dirt cheap for the paint job given and time and love given to each piece and customer. So I am at a impasse with this one. I lowered my prices a ton and I basically make 10 bucks a hour if that. I Spent 5 hours on this latest raf pilot and that does not include supplies. Little turned off right now.
                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Don't let it ruffle your feathers AZ. I'm in the same boat with antique clock repair and restoration. It's not unusual for me to put 30-40 hrs in a clock, so my "hourly rate" isn't even close to yours. Charge what you charge and those that want the craftsmanship and expertise will be willing to pay it. Let the whiners try painting it themselves. Then when it's messed up, they'll either live with it or send it to you to be fixed. You get what you pay for people.

Comment

• Same thing when I do pinball restoration. Here is a playfield swap I did a few years ago and this dude complained too. **** took me like 100 hours to clean up wiring harness and unhook than move everything to new playfield hook up tweak line up make sure it plays right etc like the factory. This is a Addams family pin. see how new everything looks wires metal parts etc...thats casue I hand washed all that ish lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	859408_10200732495333536_360943717_o.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	117806

AMA 1102566

Comment

• Hey HK...........don't let the trolling sheep on RCG get ya all wanged out.

I actually was recently requested over there to "enlighten" as to why I use Hobby Squawk.
                          RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Can't find good WWII Luftwaffe figure appropriate for Me-262.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• What size? large or the dynam? Freewing?
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                Someone recently on the other board questioned my prices and why they are so HIGH. Well I can tell you that comment alone turned my blood enough to boil and want to shut it down for good. My prices on the painting front are dirt cheap for the paint job given and time and love given to each piece and customer. So I am at a impasse with this one. I lowered my prices a ton and I basically make 10 bucks a hour if that. I Spent 5 hours on this latest raf pilot and that does not include supplies. Little turned off right now.
                                I have the same thing happen when I custom build R/C birds for people.... The labor comes down to basically a few bucks over the price of the bird itself.... Just charge what you think is fair and if it is too high, oh well then...... BTW, here is a quick paint I did on my Extra 300S pilot. Added his cigar and the eyes are airsoft BB's. It has a pretty good sculpt, so adding more time and a lot more love, it could have really been a work of art. It serves it's purpose for me just for fun though!!! Hang in there bro!! Jerry

Comment

• BTW, if you want to do a pilot for the Freewing ME-262 and find a good one for Fhhuber let me know...I am in for one if you have the time....

Comment

• In 5th and 7th scale, if that helps

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      http://www.acesofiron.com/page/AOIW2LW315.htm
                                      In 5th and 7th scale, if that helps

Grossman56
                                      Closest I have seen, but Me-262 pilots essentially never wore the life vest because they didn't cross the channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        BTW, if you want to do a pilot for the Freewing ME-262 and find a good one for Fhhuber let me know...I am in for one if you have the time....
                                        This isn't for the Freewing which is close to 1/7 or 1/8 scale I think.

I'm doing a 107 inch span with twin 5000 watt fans.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	118125
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X