Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Unique Parts For Your Model? Custom 3D Printed Parts Available!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Unique Parts For Your Model? Custom 3D Printed Parts Available!

Some of you might know that I am currently in the process of completing the build of an ESM 1/5 Scale F4U Corsair. Being that this is my first giant scale Corsair and that I am a Corsair NUT...AND that I also happen to be a scale detail GEEK, attention to detail is of vital importance to me.

For instance, the oil coolers that come stock on any random Corsair ARF/KIT/PNP is more of an afterthought than it is anything even close to representing true scale. I purchased a dummy radial from Frank Tiano which is a great mold but it's up to you to really detail it out to anything that resembles true scale. Sometimes you just want to go the extra mile and incorporate scale molds that really bring your model from ho hum to WOW!

Enter Redhood. That is his Hobby Squawk and RC Groups handle. Travis (aka "Redhood") has exceptional talent when it comes to modeling any part you can imagine. He will work with you in relation to the part(s) you are looking for, rendering them and finally printing them out on his 3D printer. It's quite extraordinary as I have used his services multiple times and am always amazed by the accuracy of the product and the minimal price he charges.

So if you have any project in mind that involves specialized parts for your model you just can't find anywhere else, contact Travis ("Redhood") via Hobby Squawk PMs or RC Groups PMs. Here's an example of his work:

This was the Frank Tiano dummy radial I purchased with minimal work on my part before I requested the services of Redhood. Not horrible, but lacked a great deal of scale detail if I am aiming for the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engine that the F4U Corsair had.

Click image for larger version  Name:	radial3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	105565

Now here is what the same dummy radial looks like today, after adding key elements from Redhood. Now THIS is something I can be proud of and will certainly add to the scale appeal I desire and demand for my giant scale Corsair! So be sure to contact Redhood if you are looking for that specific part or parts to take your model from average to Top Gun caliber!

Click image for larger version  Name:	radial20.jpg Views:	2 Size:	155.6 KB ID:	105566

Oil cooler: Here's what the ARF molds looked like (I cut one side out): Boring!!

Here's what the oil cooler NOW look like thanks to Redhood...

Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I need a 1/16 scale radiak engine for my spirt of st. Louis model. It has 34.5 in wingspan made by Guillows.
    email. Sweeney_jr@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X