X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very, very basic radio programming

I am very new to this hobby and now have my first programable radios, Spectrum DX8 G2 transmitter. I have read the manual but still having a problem understanding the process. I can assign switches to basic functions like throttle cut, etc., but only because I can follow very specific step by step instructions I have found online or otherwise, but I really don't understand what each step is doing. I would really like to understand what is happening in each step not just be able to do it. Is there some very basic instructions out there to program flaps (again I can do, but don't understand the importance of each step) and throttle cut, etc. Any help is very appreciated.

Hello Mike and welcome to the Squawk,
    Are you asking to understand the programming logic?
    If so, I am not aware of any logic flow charts that are available.
    Confused about your concern regarding "importance of each step"
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb1385 View Post
      I am very new to this hobby and now have my first programable radios, Spectrum DX8 G2 transmitter. I have read the manual but still having a problem understanding the process. I can assign switches to basic functions like throttle cut, etc., but only because I can follow very specific step by step instructions I have found online or otherwise, but I really don't understand what each step is doing. I would really like to understand what is happening in each step not just be able to do it. Is there some very basic instructions out there to program flaps (again I can do, but don't understand the importance of each step) and throttle cut, etc. Any help is very appreciated.
      Mike, welcome to Hobby Squawk...the DX8 Gen 2 is a great radio it just takes setting up a couple of planes to get the hang of it. Where are you located? Any RC clubs around where you could have someone walk you through it?
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

The menu for "wing type":

Go by how many CHANNELS are used, not servos.

If you have a plane where it has 2 elevator servos but they use a Y harness for example. that's 1 elevator servo programming.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hey Mike,
          You can usually get some great tips on YouTube. Here's a link that may help you understand the various steps to inputting data.

Denny

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Working...
          X