X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers' Paradise

Well, it's January and it's going to be 72 degrees and 100% sunshine tomorrow in Arizona. It's a flyer's paradise.

Got them lined up and ready to go. Feels like a warbird kind of weekend. Come fly with us!

Yeah, but we pay for it June through August. :)

And yeah, I'll be out flying tomorrow! ;)
    Pat

Comment

I just fell down and got my nose rubbed in some :Poo: Ohhhhh........no fear, can't smell it cause it's only in the 20'S here in upstate NY. Feel like a :Loser::Crying:LOL Enjoy your flights boys ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
        I just fell down and got my nose rubbed in some :Poo: Ohhhhh........no fear, can't smell it cause it's only in the 20'S here in upstate NY. Feel like a :Loser::Crying:LOL Enjoy your flights boys ;)
        They may have the Flyer's Paradise....but right now we have builder's paradise. Have fun guys!:):Cool:

Comment

Amen to that TJ.
          We actually have a decent weekend on tap here all considered but I’m just too busy on a couple projects and my dogs need some run time.
          Winter has always been my build time so no worries... I also love the summers here as we have lots of water to play in and reasonable temps to fly all we want.
          Flying season usually kicks off around the first of April so I’d better keep busy in the shop!
          Let us know what the temps are like in “paradise” come July AZ ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
            Let us know what the temps are like in "paradise" come July AZ ;)
            That's when we have "builder's paradise" like TJ said. But the good thing for us is that if we really want to go out and fly in the summer, the sun is up by 5am, and it's bearable out there until about 8am.
            Pat

Comment

Reckon we all have a different version of paradise. After being a planet roaming spirit for a lifetime, I’ve yet to find another place to take permanent root. I love it here in PA. The abundant fresh water and overall decent temps make outdoor living here my paradise. This picture is five minutes walk from my house. The dogs n I love it here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EEBA48EC-AC20-4573-AAA6-088D2EA90092.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	114635

Comment

That is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                  Reckon we all have a different version of paradise. After being a planet roaming spirit for a lifetime, I’ve yet to find another place to take permanent root. I love it here in PA. The abundant fresh water and overall decent temps make outdoor living here my paradise. This picture is five minutes walk from my house. The dogs n I love it here!
                  As beautiful as that scene is in your picture, remember that the topic was "Flyers Paradise". Unless you have a runway just behind you, what would you fly standing where you took that picture? How far is your nearest flying facility? For me when in the middle of winter, my "Flyers Paradise" is anytime the temp is no colder that a couple degrees below freezing, wind no higher than a couple mph, bright sunshine and a plowed runway.
                  To me, "paradise" (nothing to do with flying) must be defined into sub-categories. Is it where you live? Is it anywhere in the world you've been? The resultant answers can be as varied as the people who wish to share it and could make for a very lengthy "off-topic" thread.

Comment

Your so analytically correct...

What am I thinking.

Its 50* here
                    The snow has melted.
                    Winds are 7mph WSW

sorry, I’m not flying and therefor have not taken a selfie at the runway to post

I have flown my DJI Phantom from that spot several times if that counts, probably not, must be another thread that covers that.

Peace out ;)

Comment

So today in paradise I went out at around 9am and flew my Freewing A-10, Freewing Yak-130 8S version, Freewing F-104 90mm, Freewing A-4, Freewing F-8, and Freewing F-105 (are you sensing a theme here?). Stayed out until about 2, then went and had lunch with the boys. I love this time of year!
                      Pat

Comment

Working...
                      X