Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a pleasant life.

Just to mention, my 2nd plane, is actually my 4th. When I decided to make the plunge into flying, I wasn't aware of this forum and made my choice of 1st and 2nd planes based on what I wanted in my hanger. First, I got the FMS 1450 P-51B and then the Dynam Corsair. But I did pick up the Phoenix Sim, between the two. And then the Squawk happened and opened my eyes to a whole new world. My 3rd plane, FMS Easy Trainer(foam pusher), became my 1st. real trainer and has been up and down(and I do mean down) so many times, I no longer shed tears, Now that the Easy Trainer has calmed my nerves a bit and unleashed my initial faults, I've made the next step, with #4, the Pandora. Now all I have to do is decide - high wing or low wing...
    Decisions, Decisions:Thinking: :Cool:
    :Smug:By the way, still haven't taken the Corsair or Mustang up yet. Plenty of :Clock:, right ...
    Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

I'd probably start high wing with the Pandora until you get more comfortable with it's characteristics. Then move to low wing with the tail dragger setup if you plan on flying those warbirds :Cool:

Comment

The Pandora really doesn't have any bad characteristics and there is no noticeable difference between high wing tail dragger or low wing tail dragger. The only slight difference you might see is in the turns or loops and rolls,they will be little faster in low wing. Also I suggest you add the flaps to get use to them. Once you are comfortable with taking off and landing in the same spot consistently you will ready to step up to warbirds. Good luck and good flying!

Comment

I don't know if I'm the only one, but, the original decals on the Pandora was a little too busy for me, so, I just had to remove some of them. Now it's a little more tolerable ...

Comment

Hey Mc! It's all about enjoying what you fly and personalizing it. Glad to see you went with the Pandora you won't regret it. I couldn't stand the white spinner or the wheels so I painted the spinner black metalflake and put 2/34 Dave Brown's on mine. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks boomer, now, I'm just waiting for the creative juices to inspire an image for repaint.

Comment

Working...
              X