X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed wing stabelizers

anyone know the difference between the original Hobby Eagle A3 and the A3 V2, The manuals from there website are confusing?

I am using older A3 gyros. As far as I can tell reading the specs on the "new version" A3, there is one additional flight mode - "gyro off". On mine, I don't believe I can easily turn the gyro off and I also do not have a master gain that can be adjusted via the AUX3 knob. On mine, the 3D mode caused a crash with one plane and some scary flight with another. The "hover" mode worked "sort of OK". The "auto-balance was a bit unpredictable. Used strictly as a gyro, it's great. If all you want is a simple gyro, get the A3-L. The new version A3-L also has 3D mode but if it's anything like the original, I wouldn't use it.

Comment

The majority of mine at the A3L's and I've used them for years. If I have an extra channel, I run the mode wire to it and assign the AUX nob to control gain from the ground. They're great little units, but you can still lawn dart if you don't fly right. I can personally attest to that.
      I swapped out the A3L in the yellow Pandora for an A#, because it has the auto level feature and the wife is going to fly that one, so its a good panic button.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I still have not been able to find any info on the difference between the A3 V2 and the plain A3. Also has anyone figured out how to setup remote gain on Trannis? Iam using X9D Plus and FRsky X6R, have the Hobby Eagle A3 V2 set up and working with a 3way switch for mode control but can't figure out how set up a slider for remote gain?

Comment

Working...
        X