Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK releases their 1600 mm C-47!

Greetings gang,

Thought someone might find this of interest. 

HK has in their USA wear house their new 1600mm C-47, w/retracts, lights, flaps, counter rotating props and steerable tail wheel! It also comes with three sets of decals for varied themes. 

It's available in OD green or civilian silver (DC-3)

Check it out!

Clear Skies

Bill L.
    In Okla.

RE: HK releases their 1600 mm C-47!

Wow I like it !!!!!

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Greetings H64,

I know, right!?

I'm hoping mine arrives any day now.
      I had to have the OD Green version.

It would be a blast at our annual "I Flew On New Year's Day" Fun Fly.

Bill L.
      In Okla.

Comment

Let me know when its in your greasy hands !!!! Looking forward to info on it

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Greetings H64,

Well, the C-47 from HK is now in my "greasy" hands!!! Arrived today!!

Order to delivery only 4 days.... pretty good for HK!!

Haven't opened the box yet, but will let you know when that happens.

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

Make sure there are parts available. HK is really awful in keeping parts for the planes they sell.

Comment

Hi Guys!
              WOW, Now that I'd love to see, send some pics Bill.  Having had a long relationship with DC3's, with an outfit called 'Friends of the DC3' I would love to put one of these in the stable.
              I have to check that one out for sure!!!

Merry Christmas!
              Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings Guys'

Will Do!!

HK has promised to support this bird with spare parts........ we'll see.

Merry Christmas!!

Bill L.
                in Okla.

P.S.
                 The Flyzone Select Scale Zero has also landed!!!

Comment

Greetings Guys'

OK, here's the first looks of the C-47 Skytrain Transport from HK! Man, it it BIG!
                  So, far I'm very pleased with the definition and detail. This is just an unboxing and a rough dry fit, but everything seems nicely engineered thus far.

I'm really jazzed about the three huge decal sheets providing scheme options.

More to come.

Bill L.
                  in Okla.

Attached Files

Comment

I really like it but I've never dealt with them . Read a few horror stories

Bryan
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

My tongue is hanging out!!
                      Haven't got into multi engines yet, but I did look at the site, and was drooling over the DC3 and the Memphis Belle B17, dang thing is huge!!

Would love to have one though, just have to find a place to fly it from.
                      See that new GMC commercial?  They show the trucks sitting on asphalt, with a great big plain behind it,  want that!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings Guys,

I have purchased perhaps 3-4 planes from HK and I have been very pleased with each one.

Now, there support leaves much to be desired but admittedly they are improving.
                        I ordered from their Arkansas wearhouse and received the C-47 4 days from the order day.

Like most RC companies/distributors out there MRC has them running scared on CS and Support.
                        I believe they are realizing that it's change and get better or perrish!!

I'll begin the actual assembly of this bird tomorrow.

Stay Tuned.

Bill L.
                        in Okla.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures of the gorgeous C-47 Rocketeer! Sure looks like a nice model to be sure.

Concerning the "horror" stories about HK, I am sure some are true, but like you, I have over 20 orders from them, and never had a problem with the products. Like you said, customer service can be slow, but lately, even that has improved greatly. I prefer ordering from MRC, but there are some things that only HK has, and if I want it enough, I have ordered it from them.

Looking forward to the build report and maiden on that C-47! Please keep us informed.

Rich

Comment

Greetings Loneflier,

I hope you are enjoying an awesome holiday season!

Yeah, the bad usually spreads like wild fire.
                            If you dig deep enough here on the forum you'll see that even MRC has moments, albeit, few, where CS has slipped through the cracks.
                            They're still the best.... but, none are perfect.

I"ll keep you in the loop.

Bill L.
                            in Okla.

Comment

Yeah, please do Bill, I'm really interested in this bird!
                              Now, is this strictly a Hobby King bird or can MRC pick up on it?

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings G56,

Will Do.

Yes, Sir. This 1600mm version is a HobbyKing exclusive although I think they have a new product line along with their Durafly line..
                                I believe Dynam makes a version bit it is a bit smaller and only 4 channel. I don't believe is has retracts or flaps, and I'm possitive it does not have counter-rotating props.

Bill L.
                                in Okla.

Comment

The full scale DC-3 didn't have CR props but this will make the model version an easy flier. I believe HK has contracted with the remnants of Starmax. BH offered a near identical version of the DC-3/C-47 a few years ago.

Hawk
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Greetings Dahawk,

Indeed, the counter-rotating props provide a great deal of assistance in countering the torque-roll associated with tail-dragger aircraft.
                                    I have another of HK's dual Prop aircraft, also with counter-rotating props and it flies very well although admittedly it is a tri-cycle gear arrangement which have little to no roll tentencies.
                                    However, my Dynam Grande Cruiser is also a tri-cycle gear set-up but has a distinct roll characteristic on take-off as the props are not counter-rotating.

I much prefer the former.

Cleat Skies

Bill L.
                                    in Okla.

Comment

Hey Rocketeer,

Happy New Year to you! I have been following your posts about this new HK C-47 with interest. It is a really nice looking plane, those are some great pictures you included. Have you had a chance to maiden it yet? I am anxious to see how it flies, and what your thoughts are regarding the flight.

I am surprised to hear that the Grande Cruiser has some left roll characteristics on take off. I know the props are not counter rotating, but would have thought that the tricycle gear, and the spread between the props would pretty much negate any roll tendencies. I have the Dynam PBY Catalina, which also does not have CR props, and really haven't noticed any rolls on take off with it. Of course, I am taking off of grass, so maybe the drag of the grass is softening the roll.

Anyway, keep us updated on the C-47 progress!

Rich

Comment

An already very active thread over on RCG. Some are dressing up the C-47 in the gunship config. Mine (Silver) is still in the box but I'm ordering graphics from Callie. It will have the Braniff Airlines livery
                                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Working...
                                        X