X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

I have been a lurker on the forums for a long time and appreciate all of the great info posted! I plan to start "contributing" from now on.

Joe

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Joe glad to hear from you!
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Good to see ya aboard

Comment

Welcome Joe! You came to the right place

Comment

Welcome aboard, Joe. We got the best crew around. :Cool:

Comment

Hi Joe, welcome to the Squawk!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Hi Fliers Just getting into R.C. So far i have bought an ApprenticeS and aPhoenix 5.5 sim with dx6i.I live in Rosarito Beach Baja Ca. Mx.And so far have not found a club here. their is a club in Chula Vista Ca.but crossing the border will take about 1.5 hours. So i would like to fly closer to home. I also bought a champ to practice in open land across the street. I may have to try to learn on my own. Thanks Chazman.

Comment

Welcome to HobbySquawk Chazman. You're off to a good start.

Comment

Hey Chazman, welcome from me as well!
                  Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. If there's no clubs around, find a big open area. I went to a new development where the roads were laid, but no buildings were started and it worked great for me.
                  I would highly advise you and all of the other fellows just starting out, join the AMA!!
                  If for nothing else, the insurance is worth the annual fee, but the AMA is worth it in so many other ways. They're right now fighting with Big Brother for our rights as modelers and they keep you up to date on all the developments as well. For instance, did you know you might have to register with the FAA??
                  If you need to find a club, they can help you with that as well.
                  Good luck and welcome to the R/C world, thou hast drank from the Lemon Aid of Life and thou willst not be thy same again!!
                  Warn The Wife!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Welcome, Chazman. This hobby will grab a hold of you and eat you up! And yes, if you fly anything over .55 oz. you must register with the FAA. Joining AMA is well worth the money, for the insurance if nothing else. Doc

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.....I forgot to mention I joined A.M.A. #1152204. Not sure if insurance is valid .Most are not here. But worth joining anyway Thanks Chazman

Comment

Hi All. Have not posted for awhile. Have been in Southern Baja for approx. twomonths.Brought my planes Apprentice S Champ and UMX Radian just fishing and flying.Have met some Snowbirds that brought planes. So have been getting instructions and flying partners. We have a large dry mud flat on the Sea of Cortez and the Santa Rosalitto River where we fly. So far have maidened all three. I think my favorite is the Radian great to fly in ocean breezes. Weather is great mid 80s 3to5 knot winds. talk with you later. Chazman

Comment

Good to hear from you again, glad to hear you're having a great time flying!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by jocon07731 View Post
                            I have been a lurker on the forums for a long time and appreciate all of the great info posted! I plan to start "contributing" from now on.

Joe
                            Hey J, sounds like me when I first got here, Took me awhile to get to the point of actually joining in. Probably because it took about that long to read through different post to get caught up with present subjects, got kinda lost between post a time or two, so yeah, I understand

Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Originally posted by chazman View Post
                              Hi All. Have not posted for awhile. Have been in Southern Baja for approx. twomonths.Brought my planes Apprentice S Champ and UMX Radian just fishing and flying.Have met some Snowbirds that brought planes. So have been getting instructions and flying partners. We have a large dry mud flat on the Sea of Cortez and the Santa Rosalitto River where we fly. So far have maidened all three. I think my favorite is the Radian great to fly in ocean breezes. Weather is great mid 80s 3to5 knot winds. talk with you later. Chazman
                              I see it didn't take long to get in the air and build up your hanger, glad you're enjoying yourself. Always good to be able to enjoy the weather when possible ... :Cool:
                              Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Working...
                              X