X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulse 15e prop mod

Dear friends, I ahve recently bought an Eflite Pulse 15e and my collet broke when tightening. It seem to be an aluminum material I thought of buying the replacement spinner and adapter from HH, but I don't know if any of you have gone through the same problem as I have, and perhaps there is an alternative to this issue. Maybe just a plain prop nut... the shaft on the Eflite 15 [stock motor] is 5mm accroding to HH. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Flyboy.

These collets are typically made of aluminum or similar soft metal. Unless it was damaged along the way or the nut was over tightened, installing onto a motor shaft shouldn't cause it to break. We often times feel the need to gorilla that nut on for fear of the prop coming off. The use of a little (stress "little") FoamTac on the collet threads near where the nut will finally come to rest and even a tiny bit in the collet hole where it grabs the motor shaft, will eliminate the need to severely tighten that nut.
    If you want the plane to look stock (with the spinner), then just buy another set. If you don't care for the spinner, there are a number of collets you can buy made by Eflite and some may even be the exact same length where you can use the old spinner if it isn't broken, too. Just make sure it's the 5mm you need.

Comment

Thanks xviper_appreciate it_I just got the spinner set from HH just to get going, but I will look into the plain prop nut as well, and I will give Foam tack a try... guess it can't hurt. I will try though to apply a more gentle touch to the nut... guess I am accustomed to the heftier stuff for glow engines. Thanks again for the advise, Flyboy.

Comment

Working...
      X