X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS T-28 and Airfield T-28

Does anyone know if the Airfield branded T-28 is the same as the FMS T-28. Sure looks the same, but see some differences. Probably because of different versions? I had a club member bring yet another model in for help. It's all there in pieces, except all the electronics, servos, etc. I rounded up stuff from a place called Nitro Planes, and it looks like they used to sell this, but they have no parts in stock. I was hoping I could just remove the gas cap and slip another model under it and tell the guy it's done. Otherwise this is going to be a real treasure hunt. Any advice or steering is much appreciated. I'll be using Motion RC as my parts source. At least as much as I can.

Yes they are airfield is just a rebranding of fms

Comment

Thanks rifleman, I think it would save time and money if I just picked up the spares that Motion RC sells. At 60, I'm getting a little too old to go on goose hunts. I'd rather be out flying! That is if it ever stops raining!!!!!! I really appreciate the help I've received from the members of Hobby Squawk so far. I'm glad someone told me about Motion as well. With what I've spent there in the last two months, could have bought a new truck. I'm not done yet either. They have a great selection of kits and parts! Plus, they've really been good about getting replacements for me.

Comment

I hardly ever go to rcgroups anymore, mostly because I'm not a fan of how business is conducted there. It has long since lost what it was ment to be.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I would fit in with a club. I'm not a member, just build stuff the guys bring in for repairs. No memberships either. Just fly with the guys from the Ag plane service out here. Use their runways and haul beer and parts once in awhile. The club is a local one(38 miles north of here). Somehow my card ended up on their wall and I have had several contact me. I also have worked with a few Cub/Boy Scouts to earn their badges by giving them some dual. Like I said, rather be flying. I have another of the Flightline F7F-3 coming. This one will be painted up for tanker 63E from TBM. I'm working with my other F7 to get the foam tank built. Just wondering what that will do to the flight envelope!

Comment

Ah that will be interesting indeed! Should start a post, I'm very interested in that project!

Comment

I'll keep you in the loop. I just contacted Callie Graphics yesterday about doing the graphics. I'm awaiting her response. I think the best thing for the tank is to build some sort of mold. They carried two size tanks, both 800gls and 1000gls. The bigger tank is a bit more aero but the smaller tank takes less real estate. I could use expandable foam and pour it into a mold. Would probably have to build one of each and see how they both fly. I'll be starting this week on the first mold. I'll start a thread and post pics when I have something to show for my efforts. Right now I'm getting the form of the bottom fuselage to mount the tank. I'm thinking magnets to hold it on in case you want to switch tanks or fly clean. On the real thing, one of the pilots I talked to told me all kinds of hairy stories about the flight envelope loaded, unloaded and partially loaded.

Comment

Hello Dutch,
                Just a follow up to Riflemans comment on the Airfield models that were FMS re-branded for sale through NitroPlanes.
                In the case of your T-28, NitroPlanes lost their connection with FMS when that model was at V2.
                The FMS version is now a V4 (which is what Motion has). The likely hood that you'll be able to get exact swappable parts from the available V4 parts is very slim.
                Servos, props and prop hub should not be an issue but various airframe parts will be problematic.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hi OV10,
                  And thank you for the info!!!! I gathered there was quite a bit of difference between the airframes. Looking over the spare parts, the gear pockets, door setup and a bunch more stuff are different. I know that Vernon(owner) has had this kit for sometime and brought it to me on Friday. Try as I might to get a hold of anybody at Nitro Planes on Saturday, it was useless. This has to be an older version just by looking at the hokey gear door assembly. I'm gonna help Vernon out and offer him to either upgrade to the V4 that Motion sells(and I'll help him with the costs) or maybe he can purchase a different T-28 kit that he would enjoy more. I myself have the E-flight one and enjoy that. Most of the guys I have met from the flying club are older and on pretty much fixed incomes. I don't personally belong to the club, nor do I fly with the group, but I do feel for them. I try to help them out when I can. It's supposed to be a fun hobby and relaxing, so maybe I'm a softy. Thank you again for the info about NitroPlanes, I'll pass that along to Vernon. Dutch

Comment

Hi OV10,
                    Just read that you have the Maxford Antonov, I have their L-4 Grasshopper and the larger PT Stearman. Love them both!
                    Dutch

Comment

That AN-2 is a sweet flying Bipe. I've powered it with the stock power plant from the FMS 1400 Corsair.
                      The 4250-540kV motor turning the 14" 4-blade looks really scale and pulls that 63" span effortlessly. The 4000 4S gives about 8 minutes.
                      Had been eyeballing their C-130 but they really did a bad job of coupling the main wing to the fuselage.
                      After they recently announced the price of 8+ C notes and the strange wing/fuse design it is now gonna be one I'll pass on.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

You know, you're the second person to mention that!!!! I had one of the guys I fly with over the other day and we both looked at it on the site, watched the video as well. He brought up the fact that it looked odd duck to him. After closer inspection, I came up with the same conclusion. And I'll pass on the price too. That's a little hard to swallow, until I see more chatter on the kit and see what other videos show up on it. I've seen other C-130's out there and watched one fold the wings on a steep pullout. It was running gas, but about the same dimensions as the Maxford one. I need to look up your HSD A1 Skyraider. I have a smaller one.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                          You know, you're the second person to mention that!!!! I had one of the guys I fly with over the other day and we both looked at it on the site, watched the video as well. He brought up the fact that it looked odd duck to him. After closer inspection, I came up with the same conclusion. And I'll pass on the price too. That's a little hard to swallow, until I see more chatter on the kit and see what other videos show up on it. I've seen other C-130's out there and watched one fold the wings on a steep pullout. It was running gas, but about the same dimensions as the Maxford one. I need to look up your HSD A1 Skyraider. I have a smaller one.
                          HSD discontinued the 1600 Skyraider a year ago. :(
                          All us Sandy drivers are hoping for a SUPERB FlightLine one at 1600-2000mm span
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                          X