X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterfeit fake APC propellers

The closest hobby shop is about a 45 minute drive from home. Decided to buy a few APC propellers on EBAY and what I received seemed fake props.

The plastic feel and finish is marble like, even the feel is cheap, not like APC props that are one solid piece. The sets received were from two different sellers. I thought when I looked at the items online that it was the light, how the picture was taken, but when I received them I can tell right away something does not add up.

Sorry to hear that. Let the seller know, hopefully he/she is legitimate and didn't know they were knock offs.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180313_180403.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	122830
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180313_180326.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	122831
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180313_180238.jpg Views:	1 Size:	200.5 KB ID:	122832
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180313_180148.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	122833
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180313_180104.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	122834

- its easy to tell, they are darker, have this marble finish, the printing/engraving is shallow and inconsistent and the plastic feels flea market grade.
      I shuffle them around in the last pic as to challenge some to distinguish which "can" be fake and the genuine ones. The seller sent them in a plastic bag all together to save in shipping.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh yeah can see the difference in the way the pitch is cut as well on the close ups

Comment

Well it looks to me like you got "fuel" props and not electric props.

Comment

APC does have several different style props with different blade profiles and airfoils. There are also some minor color variations.

Yes, most of the props pictured look like glow power style. I see 2 E (smaller dia hubs) style props.

Glow (several suffixes or no suffix on the pitchXdia numbering) and E style props have the same max rpm ratings. SF style props have even lighter blades and hubs and they have 1/2 the RPM rating.
            APC has formulae posted for calculating the RPM based on diameter.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Should have been more organized in the picfure presentation.

Yes they are glow, they are mixed on the pictures. I should retouch them in Paint pointing the discrepancies than merely uploading pics, so I admit could have done a better job.

I put one of one of each type, so the darker color marble like are the knock offs to me, while the clean tone, one gradient color w no wash out are the genuines.

Could be most people view them from mobile and its difficult to tell. Certainly I'll take them to one of the senior flyers at the club and listen to his feedback and from there open a claim through PP/Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X