X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old newbie respect

I’ve been interested in aviation since I was a kid. I built a Telemaster 40 almost 20 years ago based on the recommendation of a guy that had a list of the easiest to fly trainers on the early internet. I paid for his lone wolf program. He sent a booklet with tweaks on the Telemaster build. Walked me through every aspect of the Telemaster and how to solo. Due to his very detailed instruction I was able to successfully fly my plane a couple dozen times on my own. Then life happened and I had no time. I moved to a smaller house and I think his booklets got tossed. Makes me sad I can’t give him the props. Very gifted man to be able share his thoughts via detailed text. Not something that many people can do. Especially for me. I don’t usually learn well through reading. I encluded a pic of the Telemaster and my 2nd Great Plains Trainer 60 fuse. I’ll be looking for help converting to electric.
    Attached Files

I should probably have added that I have time now since I’m now recently retired and want to fly again.

Comment

I got back into the hobby a few months ago after nearly 30 years - like riding a bicycle, get a simulator a practice a little. You'll be ready in no time. (I used a simulator for the iPad) Started back with the the old trainer I began with (after a restore and conversion to electric) bought a couple foam flyers, and did a couple of build completions also...all since Dec.

Comment

Thanks F22. I live on a small lake now. I have a FMS super ez V2 in my cart for the seaplane. Clueless on the electrics and how to convert my old planes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FFF3D75-1725-4638-A2C2-264F69995168.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	129920

Comment

And I want to start them up before retiring them,

Comment

Originally posted by IN2RC View Post
              Thanks F22. I live on a small lake now. I have a FMS super ez V2 in my cart for the seaplane. Clueless on the electrics and how to convert my old planes.
              Stick around, and check out https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php
              tons of questions answered on electric conversions - helped me a ton!

Comment

Hey IN2RC, welcome to the Squawk. Guys like OV10 Alias Warbird Charlie could probably give you some advice on that.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                X