You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50cc Aerobatic airplanes. What happened to them?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50cc Aerobatic airplanes. What happened to them?

I recently lost two 50cc planes due to pure bad luck. I had a Wildhare Extra that went down due to radio failure. Then I had a Patty Wagstaff that had a midair with a DJI Phantom Drone (the idiot was hovering it in the middle of the field). I have two DA-50 engines that are fine and looking for a place to go. The question is where?

Now I haven't really looked around much for 50cc planes since had these for over 10 years, however my new search is showing a hole there. There are lots of 60cc and higher planes around but not that old 50cc ones. I see Chiefaircraft.com sells Pilot RC planes in the 50-60cc category and if I went super first class (which I don't really want to do) I could get a Krill model.

I am really looking for a good quality Extra 300 or similar for 50cc.

Any ideas?

50cc size starts bottom of page 4

Then there's http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...airplanes.html

there are other places to get 50cc size but one of those 2 should have the type you are looking for.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yeah I have seen the Chief Aircraft ones as I mentioned. The Extreme Flight site demonstrates that 50cc "hole" perfectly. Lots of models below 35cc and 78" wingspans and lots of models above 70cc and 88" wingspans. Nothing in-between.

Comment

Working...
      X