X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not new to edf but new to fw 90mm f16

Hi all, not new to edf I fly a fw 90mm T45 but now I have a fw 90mm f16 what should I know before I maiden this bird? keep hearing I need to change power from 6s to 8s set up.. also can someone show me how much elevator I should have up or down trim for level flight.. thanks in advance this is also my first post... glad to be here I'm from the Bahamas BTW

I maidened mine a few weeks ago, I have the Thunderbirds livery. I set control throws and CG per the manual, no flaps. I flew it on the low rates and liked the way it handled.

The take off roll is a bit long (about 200') and she's slow to accelerate but once she's up to speed she flies nice. I fly around 70% - 80% throttle. The plane is not a speed demon but looks great doing fly bys.

Landings were surprising easy for me. Hold the nose up with the elevator and use the throttle to adjust the rate of descent. It looks really good with the high alpha landings.

Good luck with your maiden!

Comment

awesome and thank you... do u have any videos ?

Comment

No, sorry. I need to get a few taken.

Comment

Originally posted by nemo7708 View Post
          Hi all, not new to edf I fly a fw 90mm T45 but now I have a fw 90mm f16 what should I know before I maiden this bird? keep hearing I need to change power from 6s to 8s set up.. also can someone show me how much elevator I should have up or down trim for level flight.. thanks in advance this is also my first post... glad to be here I'm from the Bahamas BTW
          Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Glad you are here Nemo!

Comment

Working...
          X