X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with electric plane

bought c-47 and had kid working for me put it together, he lost all instructions to rain, motion industries c-47, can anybody help or put me in the right direction, new to sport, also acquired 60" wingspan arrow model plane with an evolution engine that i will need help with later, i definitely need a lot of help

Please please hold on to that plane, get it built but please dont let it be the first plane you ever fly. Find a trainer plane first and if you are on your own, and no ama field around, get something along the lines of an eflite timber, or apprentice s. Trust me, if you wreck this plane itll hurt, but if you get one of those trainers and crash, the parts are easy to get and you haven't lost a nice plane that parts are harder to come by. As for the instructions, you say you got this C47 from motion? I'll need more info and I can point you to the right location to a download link for the manual. In the meantime if it is the one from motion try this one:
    At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Great advice Rifleman! Also, a Realflight simulator can help a lot! As Rifleman stated as for me the Apprentice or the Pandora in the high wing mode are great trainers.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

Right n Target rifleman!!! But.... If he decides it's to much I'm first in line to buy it lil

Comment

C-47 is unforgiving of some variations of "single engine out" that can occur. In a banked turn and slow, if the low side motor fails, the airplane will almost instantly point straight down.

I also found out the Dynam C-47's motor mounts are just surface glued to the foam. The motors can pull that right off, leaving a motor hanging by the wires.
          This failure requires instantly chopping power (because the prop is going to cut your wing apart if you don't) and you have to glide in with huge drag on one side and with the CG shifted aft.

My C-47 is on the shelf until I decide on the correct solution for the less than ideal motor mounting...

There's more ways that you can get in trouble due to one motor not working properly.
          Even with electric power, you have to know what to do.

When both motors are working its a fairly easy to fly model.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
            C-47 is unforgiving of some variations of "single engine out" that can occur. In a banked turn and slow, if the low side motor fails, the airplane will almost instantly point straight down.

I also found out the Dynam C-47's motor mounts are just surface glued to the foam. The motors can pull that right off, leaving a motor hanging by the wires.
            This failure requires instantly chopping power (because the prop is going to cut your wing apart if you don't) and you have to glide in with huge drag on one side and with the CG shifted aft.

My C-47 is on the shelf until I decide on the correct solution for the less than ideal motor mounting...

There's more ways that you can get in trouble due to one motor not working properly.
            Even with electric power, you have to know what to do.

When both motors are working its a fairly easy to fly model.
            Here is how I would fix the motor mounts,drill the mount for carbon fiber rods and insert them using Foam-tac, then drill a pilot hole in the end and put a washer head screw in it from the front and their you have a sturdy mount. Ron.

Tread jack over.
            AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
            X