You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your 3 favorite planes in your hangar?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your 3 favorite planes in your hangar?

Mine are my Prometheus, Carbon Z Cub,& a close tie for third between my CZ T-28 & Freewing F-16. (favorite to land is my CZ Cessna 150. thing settles on the mains effortlessly)

My fave " just take out and throw it around plane" is my custom painted CZ Cub. It's got a few scratches and bruises now, so it's all about just having fun. Number two is really a tie with the Freewing 80mm A-10 and the Flightline p-38. Third would be the Freewing Avanti S. Getting ready to maiden a 1/3 scale Fokker D-VIII electric. That might wind up in the top 3....:Cool:

My wife, on the other hand, usually only has one fave at a time. Hers is the PZ T-28. It has around 250+ flights and is well "weathered". She was about to pull the trigger on the CZ T-28 when it went MIA on availability:(.
    Our hanger has 53 flying birds with another 6 old school kit builds in the que.

Comment

Fms A10, FL P38 and FL tigercat. No the CZ T28 did not make it only because of how much I have to pull apart and put back together each time I take her to the field. So even my dynam hellcat takes 4th.

Comment

Freewing 70mmYAK130
        Freewing twin 80mm A10
        Scratchbuilt twin 50mm ERJ145XR

A close 4th is the Durafly T-28 Trojan V2.

YAK takes the lead ahead of the A10 just because of how forgiving of a jet it is. Though the hog is the jewel of my fleet

Comment

My number one isn’t a plane at all, but it would be my AH-6 Little Bird, with the FMS Razorback P-47 and Freewing F-86 slightly behind it. My go-to birds for any weather condition. The Freewing F-4 wouldn’t be far behind either. It’s right up there with the F-86 for great flight characteristics.

Comment

:Confused: I really maybe thought too long on this...so I'll go with my first reaction..

1. Freewing 80mm A-10
            2. Flightline P-38
            3. DHC Beaver with floats

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

As of today..... could change at a drop of a hat !

Flyzone extra 300
              FMS 1400mm Votec 322
              Freewing Avanti 80mm

Comment

1. Fliteline P-38
                2. E-Flite T-28 1.2m box stock
                3. E-Flite T-28 1.2m painted yellow on 4s with 70amp esc

I only have three planes, lol, need a P-47 bubble canopy as soon as someone starts making one again.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. And you could always get the flightline bearcat :)

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                    Fms A10, FL P38 and FL tigercat. No the CZ T28 did not make it only because of how much I have to pull apart and put back together each time I take her to the field. So even my dynam hellcat takes 4th.
                    Agreed! I don't even like taking the wings off my Cub & Cessna! I solved the CZ T-28 headache by towing it on my 4x8 flatbed utility trailer. Works great! I rest it on 2 throw cushions from my boat with the gear up, then strap it with 2 cargo straps run through 2 of those fuzzy seat belt pads. One in front & one behind the canopy. Limits my highway speed to 40mph but looks cool at intersections. Lots of T-28 fans down here in the Pensacola area where lots of people have fond memories of their Navy flight training. Had a couple of people ask to take photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      My fave " just take out and throw it around plane" is my custom painted CZ Cub. It's got a few scratches and bruises now, so it's all about just having fun. Number two is really a tie with the Freewing 80mm A-10 and the Flightline p-38. Third would be the Freewing Avanti S. Getting ready to maiden a 1/3 scale Fokker D-VIII electric. That might wind up in the top 3....:Cool:

My wife, on the other hand, usually only has one fave at a time. Hers is the PZ T-28. It has around 250+ flights and is well "weathered". She was about to pull the trigger on the CZ T-28 when it went MIA on availability:(.
                      Our hanger has 53 flying birds with another 6 old school kit builds in the que.
                      Post a pic of your Cub! Here's my dad's custom yellow cub! It unfortunately bit the dust & has been replaced by a stock blue one, but it was beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by CZ Flyer View Post

Post a pic of your Cub! Here's my dad's custom yellow cub! It unfortunately bit the dust & has been replaced by a stock blue one, but it was beautiful.
                        Mine is painted the same way! I did replace the the blue numbers on the fuse sides and tail emblems with the decal set from the Hanger 9 Carbon Cub. Perfect match.

Comment

I get this question all the time, I can honestly say I don't have a favorite...I love them all.
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                            I get this question all the time, I can honestly say I don't have a favorite...I love them all.
                            Kinda like yer kids huh? Doesn't feel right to play favorites? Understandable. I like all mine for different reasons. My rare Bear for speed. Sukhoi for crazy aerobatics. Edge 540 & p47 because they both fly on rails. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Mine is painted the same way! I did replace the the blue numbers on the fuse sides and tail emblems with the decal set from the Hanger 9 Carbon Cub. Perfect match.
                              Nice! Still wanna see it. I've seen people also transplant the articulated gear from the Hangar 9 Cub to their CZ Cub & it looks awesome.

Comment

OK then, three it is:
                                1. SIG T-Clips EP
                                2. Seagull Bücker Jungmeister
                                3. The World Models LA Racer

Comment

Flightline P-38L
                                  Freewing Me-262
                                  Durafly Spit Vb

These seem to be my go-to Planes. The P-38 is easily my favorite.
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

1. Freewing Avanti
                                    2. E-Flite Prometheus
                                    3. Freewing A-4 Skyhawk

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                      You know what, there's wisdom in your statement. I love all mine, too. I just fly some more than others and for reasons not related to whether I like them more or less. Those are the ones i listed in the other thread as being my "favorites" ......................... this month. Next month, it'll be a different bunch of "favorites". It's people like me that would make it hard for companies to decide which planes to continue and which ones to terminate because our tastes are hard to track.

Comment

I love them all but I seem to always take a couple certain ones with me so, 1: T-28 Trojan 2: Tundra 3: DHC2 Beaver.

Comment

Working...
                                        X