You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I...FMS 182, or Freewing T-45 90mm?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I...FMS 182, or Freewing T-45 90mm?

Getting tired of the old stable of planes. I have a finished F/A-18 to fly yet, a mod build of a Haoye pusher prop, with full retracts, sequenced doors and twin 1600 watt 70mm 14 blade fans. One small problemo...no long paved runways within 25 miles :(

So here's the thing...lady living here at the apartments likes to try to fly the R/C planes on a trainer cord. I am thinking, since she's semi confident on a EFlite SuperCub that maybe an FMS Skytrainer or some such. The Super EZ looks cool too (comes with floats, and we have Union Pond right here in town)

T45.

Comment

Those two airplanes are very different from each other. The T-45 is a cool plane but keep in mind that it has one of the lowest flight times Ive seen at around 3:00. Plus You would have few places to fly at unless you found a nice alternate site such as a parking lot next to an open field. I have a Dynam 182 that I decommissioned because I never really liked how it flew and I was always having issues that resulted in several crashes. Plus the landing gear with the covers redistricted it to paved runways.

I recommend something along the line of the Super EZ or Timber that come with both floats and big wheels so you can fly off anything.

Comment

Working...
      X