X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to RC Aircraft

Good Morning, I just purchased the F4U corsair by Dynam. This would be my first RC Aircraft. I have worked in Aircraft and since retired. The questions I have are the following, CG, is it pre-marked on the fuselage to get a balance test and counterbalance as necessary? What paint is adequate to use on the foam so you don't degrade the strength but maybe strengthen the custom parts? Is the 50" inch aircraft a 1/16 scale? I have a variety of rc vehicles, 1/6 Yanks, 1/16 tanks conversions of halftrack etc. So on the corsair can you use a reverse servo with push rods to release flour bombs or is this possible on a foam wing design?

Marc

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Marc, the Dynam Corsair was one of my first planes but wasn't a good choice as a first. I would recommend starting with a high wing Cub or an Apprentice. I used Home Depot flat latex color matched samples on my F4U and it was a great match.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Sounds a bit tail heavy after seeing this , Your better off a little nose heavy when learning a new plane

Comment

I flew control line COX 049 planes in the mid 70's. I dropped the hobby because RC was very expensive and my old man wasn't into paying the money because he didn't have any back then. Here I am, 45 years later and I started the same way buying an electric Focke Wulf FW190. Big mistake. It's a low wing plane and I didn't realize what I was up against with the squirrelliness of ground handling a warbird. I also bought a Dynam Corsair and it too was a handful just starting out. My gal said, "Buy a trainer! I had to train too with a training bra!!!"...So, I bought a Piper Cub, a Beaver and a Taylorcraft. All "High Wing" planes. Of course, I crashed those too, but they were cheaper and easier to fly. Now I'm flying EDFs and I can fly anything off water too....It's magic!

Comment

Well i got the corsair Wow is the only woed wow. Wish my dad would be here when i opened it up was his first airplane he helped on the rable with he worked for chance vought in texas early 50s was on the stress team on a ne front spar reconfig. Any way dad for you pop

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Barker View Post
            Well I got the corsair. Wow. Anyway dad for you pop
            Marc, Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Corsair is a big 'first' step. I got into RC partly because my dad used to take us to watch the guys at the RC field back in the day. We built rubber-band powered Guillows kits then. Glad your dad has had this kind of impact on your new hobby. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

He worked at aeronca md locheed skunk works apolla was a big impact. I worked for gulfstream aeospace for 24 years and retired. Got into rc with my tanks they are morenpricey than these so that im thankful have 1/6 stuart 2!1/16 tigers 1 1/15 pershing so i am diving head into this i know i will enjoy it

Comment

Working...
              X