First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Jet

Morning all,

I have a dilemma,

I have a perfectly good FW 8s 90mm and speed control.
    I had it in a FW F16 which the nose retract doesn't hold up to grass very well(sold it with a 6s setup)
    I am looking for the next airframe to try,
    so I am looking at the 90mm Red Yak or the F15

I have the F4 on 8s which is a great grass jet,tried the T 45 don't really care for it.

Tired on waiting for "foil" If you have experience with either of these planes on grass please chime in or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks Guys and hope to meet some of you in Kingsport this Saturday.

Really depends on what you want. You can stay with the Yak which is a good flyer or try something else in foam or composite. https://www.hsdgo.com/90mm-edf or http://harlock-rc.com

Comment

I have been looking at HSD viper but have never seen any,how will it do on grass?
      our grass is short but grabby if you know what I mean.
      That Harlock Viper looks amazing thanks for the info had never heard of that company before.

Comment

If your looking for a 90mm from Freewing then there are few options especially that is grass capable. According to the rumors the new jets will start to be releasing through out what is left of 2018.
        I think its better to be patient and wait to see what they are than to lament later on. Plus it sounds like your not too crazy about what is currently available anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
          Morning all,

I have a dilemma,

I have a perfectly good FW 8s 90mm and speed control.
          I had it in a FW F16 which the nose retract doesn't hold up to grass very well(sold it with a 6s setup)
          I am looking for the next airframe to try,
          so I am looking at the 90mm Red Yak or the F15

I have the F4 on 8s which is a great grass jet,tried the T 45 don't really care for it.

Tired on waiting for "foil" If you have experience with either of these planes on grass please chime in or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks Guys and hope to meet some of you in Kingsport this Saturday.
          Are you coming to JetFest this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Are you coming to JetFest this weekend?
            Plan to be there saturday...hope to meet you and George in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
              If your looking for a 90mm from Freewing then there are few options especially that is grass capable. According to the rumors the new jets will start to be releasing through out what is left of 2018.
              I think its better to be patient and wait to see what they are than to lament later on. Plus it sounds like your not too crazy about what is currently available anyways.
              I really like most of the FW line up but most are marginal on grass.
              I am hoping FW will address the strength of the retracts at some point.

My favorite plane FW F4 has 43 flights all but 2 off of grass,had 41 flights before I broke the first nose gear pin,luckily I had ordered a complete set of retracts when I ordered the plane.
              very next flight pin broke again so F4 has been down now for 3 weeks because motion has not got them in stock.

Comment

Plan to be there saturday...hope to meet you and George in person.
                Awesome!
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I really like most of the FW line up but most are marginal on grass.
                  I am hoping FW will address the strength of the retracts at some point.

My favorite plane FW F4 has 43 flights all but 2 off of grass,had 41 flights before I broke the first nose gear pin,luckily I had ordered a complete set of retracts when I ordered the plane.
                  very next flight pin broke again so F4 has been down now for 3 weeks because motion has not got them in stock.
                  Awesome! I will bring you a pin to JetFest. I also have an entire nose retract and strut. If you weren't planning to bring the F-4 because it is down, go ahead and bring it and we will get you fixed up at the event. Let's Fly! Grass is hard on any LG no matter the brand.

Comment

Awesome! I will bring you a pin to JetFest. I also have an entire nose retract and strut. If you weren't planning to bring the F-4 because it is down, go ahead and bring it and we will get you fixed up at the event. Let's Fly! Grass is hard on any LG no matter the brand.
                    Wasnt planning on flying but may have to rethink.
                    I am not used to asphalt might not be pretty on landing:Sweating:

Comment

Is it possible Pilot Ryan and Capt. Mike will be there?

Comment

Wasnt planning on flying but may have to rethink.
                        I am not used to asphalt might not be pretty on landing:Sweating:
                        Bring something to fly and see how you feel. You don't have to fly if you don't feel comfortable with the runway. Our plan is to head up to TIA right after the event. You should try to at least come check out his place as long as you would be so close if you can. I don't think Mike or Ryan will be there but James is planning to come.

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

I will be more than happy to take you up on the retract repair as long as I can repay or replace.

going to bring the wife and 19 year old son also.

looking forward to it.

Comment

I will be more than happy to take you up on the retract repair as long as I can repay or replace.

going to bring the wife and 19 year old son also.

looking forward to it.
                              Deal.

Comment

Excellent cant wait to meet you and George.

Comment

Working...
                                X