X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting of

Please help me get started! Any recommendations on starter planes ?

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Jacob 7084! There is a wide range of possibilities and I'm sure the group will give you good advice. But first, to give you better advice, would you tell us more about yourself? Age, flying experience, RC experience (car, drone, plane, etc), geographic location, do you have an area to fly or are you joining a club, what kinds of planes do you like now and want to fly later, and what's your appropriate budget range?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I would say for the simplest starter get the eflite 15 apprentice s. Its a good size, simple setup, uses all 4 channels, and since it uses spektrum, its simple to get a good radio like a dx9 that will grow with you as you get better and flying more advanced planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob7084 View Post
        Please help me get started! Any recommendations on starter planes ?
        I’m 14 and up in Wisconsin I’m tryig to get into this hobby my price range around $100-130 or less remember I’m just starting off. I’m getting into a club now. My flying experience is only with one RC plane one RC car two RC boats and four helicopters. I Have a freind that is a master and has made a warthog,spitfire and more. Thanks for listening remember if you’ve got any recommendations tell me.

Comment

Like others have said the best starter airplanes are the E-flite Apprentice S RTF or the Apprentice S15e RTF (Ready To Fly). However you will have to try to find one used to fit into your budget. You can try finding one on ebay or your local hobby shop.
          Another cheaper alternative which is what I used to start out is the Dynam Hawk Sky V2. The only bad thing about it is that it is hard to steer on the ground at low speeds because it has no tail wheel steering. But if you hand launch it and belly land it is no problem.

Comment

Jacob7084, Welcome to "The Squawk"! I agree with each previous comment. It is about learning to fly and acquiring the skills to build. Fortune Cookie Say: "Start simple and success will follow quickly." Best, LB :)
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob7084 View Post
              I’m 14 and up in Wisconsin I’m tryig to get into this hobby my price range around $100-130 or less remember I’m just starting off. I’m getting into a club now. My flying experience is only with one RC plane one RC car two RC boats and four helicopters. I Have a freind that is a master and has made a warthog,spitfire and more. Thanks for listening remember if you’ve got any recommendations tell me.
              The best way to go about this is to hang with your friend and talk to him about this. If he's been at it for a while, he'd be the best bet. Nothing beats personal contact. He's in the same place as you. He knows the "lay of the land" - places to fly, where to buy stuff and he'll for sure give you sound advice based on what he knows about your circumstance. Until you told us your age, we could have made all kinds of wrong presumptions about you. Even knowing your age, there's a lot about you that we can't surmise online that your friend can spot 30 seconds into talking to you.

Comment

Welcome to Squawk, there's also a couple of areas of discussion you may want to look at, it may help ...

Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Working...
                X