You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting back in to the hobby, lots has change.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
    Today was fun...SAFE system was pretty amazing. After knocked the rust off, got to fly with full control of the plane. On the way home told the wife lets get Ice Cream...she agreed. Luckly for me there is a hobby store on the way. Stopped in and picked up a Carbon Club and extra battery. Wife was laughing at me but she though the bigger scale planes they had (6ft wingspan stunt style planes) were pretty cool.

Need to get a charger that discharges/maintains storage mode. Suggestions?
    You’ll love it. I added the flaps right after I did the maiden. Fun plane and a great flyer.

Comment

Well...last night couldn't wait to fly it. No no I didn't fly it but drove it around the yard. Today did some bunny hops, where get up in the air few feet and land. Basically smaller touch and go.

I really...really wanted to get in the air and told my self I would wait until next weekend to have someone bail me out if I get in trouble. Said screw it, setup home position and gps and let her rip. Was very predicable. Very! Did 4 flights in total. As soon as I would get up in the air would start setting up landing. Start approach and bail out and fly around to try it again.

Kept forgetting to put it in mode 1 (advance, not expert) to trim the plane out. Last touch down was feeling froggy and did a helical down until last few feet and level out.
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Dustin, For The Win! Forgot to ask if you got the RTF or BNF.
        I still have the first RC plane I ever flew, bought it in the 80’s and it was 20 years old then. Even though it is only 3 channel, it is harder to fly than the Cub

Comment

I still have the first RC plane I ever flew, bought it in the 80’s and it was 20 years old then. Even though it is only 3 channel, it is harder to fly than the Cub.
          welcome to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
            I still have the first RC plane I ever flew, bought it in the 80’s and it was 20 years old then. Even though it is only 3 channel, it is harder to fly than the Cub.
            welcome to the party!
            Thanks! I got the ready to fly with the DXE controller. The Safe system is very cool and after reading the manual a few more times, it does say to turn it to position 2, not 1 like I though. Need to go to a bigger field before trying to trim it out. Short video of me flying the other day.

Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

You did very well. Off to a real good start. I think it'll all come back to you quite quickly.

Comment

Agreed many congrats! :Cool:and welcome back to the best hobby ever!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll admit I was running in mode 1 (experience). Did have a mishap with the trees, lost perspective on height/distance from plane to the tree. No damage other than landing gear and my pride.
                  Planes

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    Thanks guys, I'll admit I was running in mode 1 (experience). Did have a mishap with the trees, lost perspective on height/distance from plane to the tree. No damage other than landing gear and my pride.
                    Sorry to hear about yur bump man. You soon learn that repairing them is a cool part of the hobby too.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Sorry to hear about yur bump man. You soon learn that repairing them is a cool part of the hobby too.

Woody
                      Thanks!

Oh just landing gearing (wire and wheels) and a prop. The wing got bumps where it cracked the paint but the shape is still there just fine. I was back in business lol. Put some painters tape under the bottom and belly land it until the wheels come back in. Could of been much worst but I was surprised at how well the foam held up. First foam plane.
                      Planes

Comment

So took my go-pro session and tape it to the top of the plane. CG is off and make the plane jerky with the wind. But is pretty cool to views.

Decided to put my Go Pro on my Carbon Cub to see if I really want to get in to FPV
                        Planes

Comment

Working...
                        X