Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fantasy Aircraft would you buy if mass produced in RC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
    A really good Bat-plane from the 1989 movie
    It would have to be twin EDF

I'm experimenting on a twin 70mm EDF one, but its not an easy plane to make look right and still have it fly well.
    I agree. I'd be all over that. One of my favorite scenes in any Batman movie is when he flys the wing in front of the full moon

Comment

The trouble with "fantasy" planes is likely their inability to fly well enough for the masses and hence, "mass producing" them wouldn't be feasible. The manufacturer wouldn't be able to sell them after the first few crashed and burned. But OK, let's say we don't care if they can fly well or not, there are several guys out there who currently make such "planes" and you can even buy laser cut kits for some but again, mass producing a PNP is a whole other story.
      You can see their channels on YouTube. A guy name Otto Dieffenbach has already done "Snoopy and his doghouse". He also did a whole series of flying people (life size). His Victoria Secret flying model is the most famous but he's also done "Dumbo, the Flying Elephant". Then there's "ey0927399". He's created many fantasy and cartoon planes that actually fly pretty good.
      Forgetting all that, I'd like to see a PNP, mass produced Avatar gunship, Firefox and sure, I'd buy Dumbo, too.

Here, have a chuckle:

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        The trouble with "fantasy" planes is likely their inability to fly well enough for the masses and hence, "mass producing" them wouldn't be feasible. The manufacturer wouldn't be able to sell them after the first few crashed and burned. But OK, let's say we don't care if they can fly well or not, there are several guys out there who currently make such "planes" and you can even buy laser cut kits for some but again, mass producing a PNP is a whole other story.
        You can see their channels on YouTube. A guy name Otto Dieffenbach has already done "Snoopy and his doghouse". He also did a whole series of flying people (life size). His Victoria Secret flying model is the most famous but he's also done "Dumbo, the Flying Elephant". Then there's "ey0927399". He's created many fantasy and cartoon planes that actually fly pretty good.
        Forgetting all that, I'd like to see a PNP, mass produced Avatar gunship, Firefox and sure, I'd buy Dumbo, too.

Here, have a chuckle:
        The Firefox shouldn't be too hard, since I've seen a "homebuilt", but what about these:

Comment

This would be cool, though might be tough to fit lipos

Comment

Some of these are still in the "fantasy" stage...

Comment

Aww heck, let's go whole hog......

Comment

And here she is, strutting her stuff.....

Comment

Ill plus 1 on the firefox

Comment

The Firefox was (may still be) made by RCPowers. It's a "profile" plane and it doesn't fly, as such but rather, it gets pushed through the air. Don't know if a 3-dimensional Firefox would have the same problem "flying". If it actually "flew", I'd buy one.

Comment

Never been a fan of rc powers products. Always seem very cheaply produced, and at that not worth the money they ask for them out of the gate. They might be better not sure, maybe a better type of bannana hobby junk.

Comment

Are you sure you're not thinking of some other company? RCPowers, as far as I know, has never sold planes or plane kits. They sold only PDF plans that you download, print off to the proper size at Staples or print in tiles and tape together. Then you cut them out and apply the bits to foam or foamboard and cut out your own pieces and build your own plane. Their SU-34 was one of his most successful models. We had about 6 of them at our field and we had a blast flying them in a swarm. Each plan was about 10 bucks or you could buy his whole package of 6 planes for something like 40 bucks. I believe he's stopped doing it now.
                        We still have a couple at the field. We flew the crap out of them and when we crashed, we just cut out a new part or the whole thing and fixed it or built a new one.

Comment

Wait a minute - WAIT A MINUTE!!!

We need a radio controlled model of...

THE GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD!!!

(For those too young to remember this cinematic gem...

http://badmovies.org/movies/giantclaw/ )

Comment

The Firefox was (may still be) made by RCPowers. It's a "profile" plane and it doesn't fly, as such but rather, it gets pushed through the air. Don't know if a 3-dimensional Firefox would have the same problem "flying". If it actually "flew", I'd buy one.
                            I wouldn't call it a "profile" plane, but it, and the other planes they show seem like grade(primary for those in the UK and Europe) school science projects. And in RealFlight, the Firefox handles just like any other delta.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                              Wait a minute - WAIT A MINUTE!!!

We need a radio controlled model of...

THE GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD!!!

(For those too young to remember this cinematic gem...

http://badmovies.org/movies/giantclaw/ )
                              Make it a package deal an add this for it to chase after:
                              Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

I wouldn't call it a "profile" plane, but it, and the other planes they show seem like grade(primary for those in the UK and Europe) school science projects. And in RealFlight, the Firefox handles just like any other delta.
                                All I can tell you is that the RCP SU-34 had huge fun factor for the buck. It didn't matter that it was like a school science project. Also, RealFlight can make any plane fly however they want, especially when that plane doesn't actually exist. If they wanted, they could make the Firefox fly like a Piper Cub.

Comment

All I can tell you is that the RCP SU-34 had huge fun factor for the buck. It didn't matter that it was like a school science project. Also, RealFlight can make any plane fly however they want, especially when that plane doesn't actually exist. If they wanted, they could make the Firefox fly like a Piper Cub.
                                  But it's not a RealFlight generated model, it's from Knifedge.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But it's not a RealFlight generated model, it's from Knifedge.
                                    Look, I don't want to get into a debate about where it's from or who designed the program. My point is it's not a real plane and as such, you can make any plane in a simulator, real or not, fly like anything you want. Or are you telling me that this "Knifedge" actually has a real live Firefox and they know exactly how one flies?

Comment

Look, I don't want to get into a debate about where it's from or who designed the program. My point is it's not a real plane and as such, you can make any plane in a simulator, real or not, fly like anything you want. Or are you telling me that this "Knifedge" actually has a real live Firefox and they know exactly how one flies?
                                      A few years ago, I watched a video wherein a guy coded the Flying Submarine into Microsoft Flight Simulator, and flew it around. XViper's point is valid - software can let someone simulate how a design would fly, but it also allows designs to fly in spite of real-world physics.

Face it - with the right settings, a normal human body could fly like a bird in a simulator.

RealFlight is a fantastic tool for learning and practicing, but it's not completely accurate. Both the Calypso and the Sensei are in RF 7.5, but they don't fly exactly the same in the simulator as they do in real life.

Comment

V Wing from Star Wars

Comment

Naboo J Type Star Skiff from Star Wars

Comment

Working...
                                          X