X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Did you replace the ESCs? The model has been notorious for them blowing an I lost two, one making quite a nice fire.
    No, both my Vampires kept the stock ESC and motor. Never had a problem with either power systems. I flew my first one at full speed into the ground. The manual for it indicated the wrong CG. It was later corrected in subsequent models. That incorrect CG, coupled with the plane's tendency to dive on sudden throttle application buried my first one. I later installed that system into a Flitetest Viggen and flew it for another 2 seasons. It never even hinted at any trouble. You must have just had a run of bad luck with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      No, both my Vampires kept the stock ESC and motor. Never had a problem with either power systems. I flew my first one at full speed into the ground. The manual for it indicated the wrong CG. It was later corrected in subsequent models. That incorrect CG, coupled with the plane's tendency to dive on sudden throttle application buried my first one. I later installed that system into a Flitetest Viggen and flew it for another 2 seasons. It never even hinted at any trouble. You must have just had a run of bad luck with yours.
      Actually, I think it was the opposite, you got lucky, since the predominate comment in the Vampire's comments section talks about it.

Comment

Working...
      X