Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: well I did it

Greetings,

One plane at a time, good buddy, one plane at a time.......  ;) 

Bill L.
    In Okla.

Comment

Hey, just had a though XF needs to talk to Bill about an Apprentice, understand he has one still in the box for sale.  That is one heck of a great learning plane.  The wife has started in on hers and its so easy on beginner mode, advanced and she'll do aerobatics.  Quite the plane!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Jeez I only have 8 or 9 planes, 2 multrotors, and 4 helicopters and my family thinks I'm nuts. Now I can say "I know several with 50!"! LOL! Oh and I probably am still nuts... ;)

By the way Charlie, I'm heading up your way this weekend for two weeks. Anything going on at your flying field July 4th weekend?
        Lauren

Comment

Greetings,

Yep, still have the Apprentice and the Carbon Z. Both great flyers.
          Any interest PM me.

Bill L.
          In Okla.

Comment

Hi Lauren,
            The club has no official plans for the holiday weekend and visitors/guests are always more than welcome. PM me your number so that I can touch base with ya about being a guest of the clubs VP(that's me ;) )as your sponsor which reduces restrictions on how many times you can visit before having to join. This weekend there is a fly-in at Harford,PA(35 mi south of Binghamton) at Winemiller RC Airport and I am loading up the trailer and hauling the whole warbird fleet there. Let me know if ya want to fly at the AGS field while your back north.
            Best Regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

50 Planes? Holy Cow! I would be hung drawn and quartered if I go over 5!

But my son mentioned he wants to learn how to fly upon his return from his UCONN travels, he can learn with the 1280 and I can upgrade. Then every hanger needs a WWII aircraft. Then my ultimate goal would be an F-15C to do up in the 36TFW, 525 AMU from Bitburg Germany so we could be at 3. Might need an intermediate aircraft. Might want to try this 3D flying. OK I can see how hangers can grow!

Tiny steps for me, I'll master the 1280 and work on upgrading to a better radio. Two clubs in the area to check out (Nutmeg Fliers and CCRCClub) and I'm helping with pylon racing this weekend at http://www.flywfc.org/PYLON.php .Enough to keep me busy.

Kevin
              Off with one helluva roar!
              AMA 1085465

Comment

Greetings XF,

The Pylon Racing looks very cool!

Have a great time!!

Bill L.
                In Okla.

Comment

I have 3 planes and 1 Heli. I think the wife will kill me if I even think about another.

Hell I need to get time for the 3 I have. Have a 800 FMS P-40 that I have been tweaking an eagle Gyro on before trying to re-maiden (maiden was a Bust - literally - bust the motor mount loose. fuse and wing a little beat up but still usable). Also just got the Hobbyzone Corsair with Safe (44") that needs to be maidened. For now I have been working out what I need to do to go between the planes (I have a taranis so have an orange DSM module for my 2 SAFE planes and of course they use different module channels)

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
                    Originally posted by Flygirl
                    Holy crap Doc! You're as bad as Bill!!! 46!!
                    I have over 50 and counting!
                    Weeeeell.......Aren't YOU speeeecial! I guess I'd better get busy. The old social security deposit is limited. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike
                      Originally posted by Pheonix
                      Originally posted by Flygirl
                      Holy crap Doc! You're as bad as Bill!!! 46!!
                      I have over 50 and counting!
                      Weeeeell.......Aren't YOU speeeecial! I guess I'd better get busy. The old social security deposit is limited. Doc
                      I went back and counted yesterday.  It is not as many I thought.  It is only 40.  It just looks like more.  I might buy more now but cannot decide what to get.  My T45 is on order and waiting on the F6F.

Comment

Greetings,

5 or 50..... we can only fly one at a time......

Bill L.
                        In Okla.

Comment

Anyone ever stumble across an F8F Bearcat?
                          That would be an interesting plane in 1400mm.  Not the Rare Bear one that MotionRC has but a real warbird.  Saw one in a vid on You Tube, and thought it would be cool, they didn't give any info on lit though.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings GMan,

Usually, the Bearcat's only ever seemed to be offered in the smaller spans, like 800-1000mm.
                            Not sure why....

But, just to stay within the genre... they offer the Dynam F6F Hellcat PNP in 1270mm (50") and the LX-F4F Wildcat PNP in 1200mm (47") both with retracts and flaps.

Maybe someday they'll bring out the Bearcat in a comparable size.

Bill L.
                            In Okla.

Comment

I have a 1400 mm Rear Bear that I got some time ago, I think from HK. It is a 5-cell that really flies well. I would love to have a real Bear Cat though.

Comment

Greetings,

I don't think I've seen too many planes lately calling for a 5-cell..... Interesting.

Bill L.
                                In Okla.

Comment

May be it is 6. I wllk know when I check my flight log :)

Comment

Greetings Pheonix,

No problem. There are 18v 5-cell aircraft out there.
                                    Mostly today it seems like it's either 4-cell or 6-cell.

Bill L.
                                    In Okla.

Comment

Might be a great plane to offer, its really the ultimate prop driven fighter plane.  Duplicating the landing gear would be a chore, but I could forgive that not being exactly accurate in favor of everything else looking great.  Maybe a 1700mm just for the fun of it!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

The Bearcat didn't see a lot of service compared to aircraft like the P-51 or Corsair, but it is still a favorite of mine as well. Hopefully we'll see it one day in foam electric!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

yeah, that's true.  It came in at the very end of WW2 and was actually on the carriers and heading for what was to have been the invasion of Japan, but the A bomb put an end to that.  I believe it was used to some extent in Korea, but, like all the prop driven planes, it was quickly becoming obsolete.  Too bad, it would have been one dangerous plane to be on the wrong side of.
                                          There used to be a father/son flight demonstration team when I was a kid and they flew two of these, it was pretty cool to see.  Can't recall there names.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X