You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help. Nothing is responding except the lights.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help. Nothing is responding except the lights.

Need some help guys. Since I am new to electrics I am sure I am overlooking something really stupid.

I just plugged in all the servo leads to the corresponding location on the control box. I then plugged in all corresponding leads into the receiver, plugged in the battery, turned on the transmitter and nothing but the lights came on. No landing gear, motor or servo movement at all. Can someone please tell me what i have done wrong here? My radio is brand new, I tried plugging in a old servo I had to the receiver and it worked just fine. I'm, using the Admiral 6S, 5000 pack.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Not familiar with that RX or the mixer bx in use... Lets eliminate the box for a bit.

You have one servo that worked, proving binding is correct and should have indicated color code correct at the RX for that test.

Unplug all but one channel between RX and the mixer and light control box. Test to ensure proper color code between RX and box while still having the separate servo plugged to the RX and working. Get one servo responding at a time. Don't just plug everything in all at once.

The rats nest of wires we get, its all too easy to get things twisted and thus undesired results.

You could do connections and servo response testing for all but the ESC using a 4 cell Nicd to power the RX and be back on a more familiar testing mode. (also safer for the Lipo and prevents unwanted motor start up)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
      Not familiar with that RX or the mixer bx in use... Lets eliminate the box for a bit.

You have one servo that worked, proving binding is correct and should have indicated color code correct at the RX for that test.

Unplug all but one channel between RX and the mixer and light control box. Test to ensure proper color code between RX and box while still having the separate servo plugged to the RX and working. Get one servo responding at a time. Don't just plug everything in all at once.

The rats nest of wires we get, its all too easy to get things twisted and thus undesired results.

You could do connections and servo response testing for all but the ESC using a 4 cell Nicd to power the RX and be back on a more familiar testing mode. (also safer for the Lipo and prevents unwanted motor start up)
      ok, let me do that right now. BRB

OK I tried it as pictures and nothing, nothing moves at all.

Attached Files

EAA# 1366802
      AMA# 631508

Comment

First You always turn on TX first
        Second- If there was no beeping and tone, esc didn't arm, check throttle trim and increase low trim, check esc start up instructions
        Third- if esc doesn't arm, servos will not work, just lights

Comment

Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
          First You always turn on TX first
          Second- If there was no beeping and tone, esc didn't arm, check throttle trim and increase low trim, check esc start up instructions
          Third- if esc doesn't arm, servos will not work, just lights
          the plane beeps rapidly when I increase the throtlle and it has a slow steady beep with the throttle at 0. any ideas? The instructions that came with the plane are useless. They only show the obvious as to plugging in the leads.

EAA# 1366802
          AMA# 631508

Comment

Well, Now the engine is working fine with the throttle but i still have no control surface movements.

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

Comment

I would take out throttle lead to rx and use a separate battery to bind tx and rx. Also make sure leads from rx to box are put in with right polarity. One last thing you can do is unplug one of the input lines to box and connect it directly to rx, leaving out line from box. If this works, then the box may be bad.

Comment

Also make sure leads from rx to box are put in with right polarity. .
                I am shamed to admit this after 25+ years of RC building & flying but yes, that is what was causing the issue. Everything is working as it should now. Thanks

EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

Comment

Great, glad we found the problem

Comment

Great, glad we found the problem
                    YES, me too! I knew it had to me my screw up someplace. :Silly:

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

Comment

Easy enough error to make.

Even easier when you have 3 to 5 opportunities to connect wrong per servo.
                      Plug at RX,
                      Plug at box from RX
                      Plug at box from servo
                      And each extension or Y connect.

Comment

Easy enough error to make.

Even easier when you have 3 to 5 opportunities to connect wrong per servo.
                        Plug at RX,
                        Plug at box from RX
                        Plug at box from servo
                        And each extension or Y connect.
                        Oh yeah. I would have been days trying to sort that out, LOL.

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

Comment

Which is way I was saying go back to making one work at a time

Note: I hove had models come from the factory with one servo plugged into a Y harness backward. That makes both servos fail to respond. It can drive you nuts trying to figure it out.

Comment

Which is way I was saying go back to making one work at a time

Note: I hove had models come from the factory with one servo plugged into a Y harness backward. That makes both servos fail to respond. It can drive you nuts trying to figure it out.
                            Oh yeah, that is actually how I found it. I started over with one lead and confirmed the polarity. That's when I realized that I have one side or the other reversed.

EAA# 1366802
                            AMA# 631508

Comment

Working...
                            X