Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleron and rudder move wrong direction!

Hi everybody,
    I am a new member and need a help. I have Spektrum iX12 and several planes PNP. In the beginning after binding the receiver everything worked properly without reversing. I mean, after I created the Acro plane, all servos were in normal position. Until..... I reprogrammed the receiver AR636A to the normal programable option through the computer and set it to my plane and AFETR BINDING THE AILERON AN RUDDER STERT MOVE IN OPOSITE DIRECTION! I mean when I push the stick right - aileron went DOWN. Also with rudder: stick right - rudder wet LEFT! I annat understand what happened ?! Then I bound my transmitter to another plane where everything worked correctly before and Now again aileron and rudder went wrong?!! Did I got some virus ? Now I must reverse the servos but I do not want, I want the transmitter and receiver give the right signal to servos. Now everything is upside down. I even sent the transmitter and servos to Herizonhobby in Germany and the return me all with explanation that everything works properly but when I connected the plane to them, again aileron and rudder went wrong. I rebound all many times and no help. Is some explanation what happened!?

I'm going to assume that you are not joking and pulling our legs.
    Don't get so hung up on whether the servo menu is reversed or not. Do whatever it takes to get the responses correct. The TX doesn't care. The RX doesn't care. And most of all, the plane doesn't care. Either reverse it in the RX (via the 636 programming) or reverse it in the servo menu. It simply DOESN'T matter. There is nothing "wrong". No explanation is required or necessary. It's "normal". It was a waste of time to send it to Horizon over something like this.
    The critical thing is to ensure that the gyro responses are going in the correct direction and this is done in the 636.

Comment

Thanks for comment but I MUST know what happened. In the beginning all were ok, Now not! I know it does not matter but I must know. Sorry

Comment

By the way, I have DX8 and it binds new plane and receiver properly, that is why it bother me.

Comment

Try a different receiver - NOT an AS3X one. I've never liked the AR636A. It has too many parameters that are hard to understand and easy to accidentally alter. It can also be affected by errant Blutooth signals if equipped with such an option.

Comment

Reverse controls when using a gyro are more of a problem than without...

Easiest is get the reverse direction servos and swap. (maybe you are lucky and can just swap the 2 servos that have the issue... if ne is a reverse and the ther is normal direction)

If mounting and pushrod runs allow, you can swap the servo arm to put the output on the opposite side of the servo. Generally works for servos in the center area of fuselage.

Programmable digital servos.

Some gyros can be programmed for the reversal and then flip the reverse function/button in the TX.

For some reversals you do the servo reverse in the TX and flip the RX. Note that any flip on an aircraft axis will reverse the gyro function for 2 axes. Roll it over keeping front pointed at front and you reverse gyro effect for elevator and rudder. for example.
            You CAN get any reversal needed by figuring how to flip the RX.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hi Senior Capitan,
              I know and I did the simpliest way to reverse the servos on APP or on tx. One thing is interesting, when I bound the tx to onother planes, there were different receivers, two with ax3s an two without and on all planes aileron and rudder went oposite what earlier moved ok.

Comment

If the receiver has a gyro or. As3x integrated, the orientation tod the receiver is CRITICAL and can result in controls being reversed

Comment

Does it mean that iX12 tx is ok?

Comment

I have Spitfire 1.2m with safe select. Can I send the settings from this receiver to Spektrum programmer on my IPhone and use them in other plane Models?

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      Reverse controls when using a gyro are more of a problem than without...

Easiest is get the reverse direction servos and swap. (maybe you are lucky and can just swap the 2 servos that have the issue... if ne is a reverse and the ther is normal direction)

If mounting and pushrod runs allow, you can swap the servo arm to put the output on the opposite side of the servo. Generally works for servos in the center area of fuselage.

Programmable digital servos.

Some gyros can be programmed for the reversal and then flip the reverse function/button in the TX.

For some reversals you do the servo reverse in the TX and flip the RX. Note that any flip on an aircraft axis will reverse the gyro function for 2 axes. Roll it over keeping front pointed at front and you reverse gyro effect for elevator and rudder. for example.
                      You CAN get any reversal needed by figuring how to flip the RX.
                      What does mean flip?

Comment

Originally posted by Wojtek View Post

What does mean flip?
                        Not sure how the instructions say for that RX... lets say its label up, servo plugs to the tail of the model.

Flip it so its label down, servo plugs to the rear and you have reversed rudder and elevator effect of the gyro. We "rolled" the gyro inverted.

Whatever axis you flip around is the one that is not affected.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Hi, did someone used the FEDEX courier when ordered something from Motionrc? I did but every time the shippment was late against the promisses.

Comment

Working...
                          X