Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:Straight-Face:

Comment

I Like Jame's transmitter in frame with the videos. His enthusiasm and management of the social media is great. Do miss Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellke View Post

Tom... I appreciate the reply, but as a MotionRC guy, what is the status of Ryan and Mike? Are they no longer part of Motion? I hope not, because as you can see they were a part of making it what it is to us customers. They were the face of Motion, people we could relate to and trust when it came to making a buying decision. This is not a hit on James, but his personality seems a little over the top at times, like he's another salesman. With Ryan and Mike, it was like we knew them (or someone like them at the field) who gave you a demo of a new plane and then if needed, helped you build it with the pointers you don't get from the manual. I do like the technical parts of James' videos, he works to get good shots and does more than Ryan or Mike could with the video. But it's not always the technical parts of a video that helps a person buy something. This kind of purchase is more of an emotional one and Ryan and Mike made you feel comfortable in buying the product. This morning I watched a video of Capt Mike demo'ing the Sabre Jet from Horizon and before I realized it, had one on order. I'm not saying this will stop me from being a customer with Motion, heck, I'm fighting the urge to order the new Corsair as it is (and I know I'm going to lose that fight). But I wasn't won over by a loud, slick production but instead by watching Alpha's demo and him talking about the plane on a podcast. I guess what I'm saying is it would be a shame if Motion ditches 2 people that we all associate with the company and that we have grown to trust and like.

Tom,

I also really miss Ryan and Mike. When I go to the flying field, I not only go to fly RC airplanes, I go to see my FRIENDS. Pilot Ryan and Capt Mike always seemed like friends, not salesmen.

I know I've purchased at least 3 or 4 planes from Motion just based on their flying videos. They are flyers so they know what flyers want to see in the plane. Sometimes slicker isn't always better.

Would it be possible to keep them on as "guest reviewers"? They could do the review and then send the footage to James where he could edit it and put in his "production values".

Thanks

P.S. Nothing against James, he seems like a nice enough guy................
        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
          H64, It seems "This channel does not exist." Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I wondered about thier absence also. With MRC moving into their next phase of growth with the expansion into Europe and increased marketing presence required a change. I still think thier foundation of first class products with first class service is still at thier core. When this is lost, we all lose.

I still go to Mike and Ryan's page and watch their blog and I think they will provide that friendly guy at the field presence and I hope this will not be lost. James on the other hand is trying to capture that same feel with the new videos and does a good job, but sequels never capture the same magic. Kinda like new Spock compared to old Spock so you have to develope a new.

Ryan and Mike are grass roots guys and have been for years and they are growing in thier own right so you can only hope for thier success and enjoy the banter and humor. I for one would love to see them at events.

Comment

I do see them promoting motion rc a bit in their videos i have seen. But not in the same light as before

Comment

I just watched their video on the F-22. I don't recall them mentioning MotionRC in any way, just saying that it's a Freewing. They didn't even use Admiral batteries like they used to and they try to be discrete about the brand of battery they use, trying not to show the label too much. I don't see it as "promoting" so much as giving their opinion about a new product and those products are now quite varied. I really like their videos still.

Comment

The first time I noticed them doing a video review for something other than what's offered at Motion was when he flew the Flexjet a couple months back. He was also wearing the RC Jetwerx hat for the first time that I noticed. He's been wearing it ever since.

Honestly, I'm happy as long as they are still reviewing and building airplanes for us, regardless of who they are working for. To me it's like watching a couple of buds videoing themselves at the field. Yeah, I am a huge fan of MRC and will continue shopping there but I also get planes/helis from other places.

The new faces on the MRC review/build video's is just that of a different flavor. Some will like it, some will not. I could care less as long as they keep making great products that I enjoy flying.

Comment

Well Said mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                      I thought you guys would like us showing the radio sticks during flight along with the timer and multiple angles. I always wanted to see this but we never had the capability until James came along. I think you guys are really going to like James as you get to know him. Are you guys not liking the new production quality and additional features in our videos?
                      I for one enjoy that aspect of the new videos. I've been following Ryan & Mike for four years now and once they went missing I was a bit sad, it's like a family member is gone. I get to follow them on their own YouTube channel and I'm enjoying the content they are producing.

I'll go on to say that 've really enjoyed James' video and the changes that have been made to them, it's good stuff.

About the only thing I might have done different is announcing the changes in a video so everyone would know what's going on.

Comment

I have to say that MotionRC is not the same without Ryan and MIke. They really did feel like one of your flying buddies that you would see at the field on the weekend. Honestly, James is ok but I do not find myself going back to watch his videos a second time, or more like I did with Ryan and MIkes videos which led to me pulling the trigger on many Motion RC planes and products. They were good for business. I know some folks like to see the TX and stick movements on the videos, but I find it to be more of a distraction than a selling point for the model. I mean what does that have to do with the way the plane flies? Everyones set up in the TX is different. Anyway keep putting out the great products!

Comment

Working...
                        X