X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    now that i have a lot more financial freedom since the boys now are in my primary care, ill definitely be able to start some much needed TLC on her.
    I understand that for sure! I will regain a portion of my financial freedom in October when my son becomes legal age. Child Support is tough!

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

Yes indeed, shelling out 725 each month killed me.

Comment

I haven't flown Air Hooterville since around July, when a take-off mishap did some damage. I took her down to the Dungeon where my wife works this week, and did the repairs to her while my wife took care of her work stuff. I think the Waco is just about ready to fly again.

Comment

Since Carbon Cub nearly killed itself a month ago, I left her at home until I had time time dig out the GPS unit and re-bind. Got that done and decided to do something else I had wanted to do since I took it out of the box new.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes indeed, shelling out 725 each month killed me.
            Oh yeah, I was shelling out $1200 per month, $600 each. My daughter is legal age now so I am down to my son until October.

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

Comment

Dang that would have only left me with 500 a month for bills and life in general. This hobby would have been shelved for good for me.:Scared:

Comment

Dang that would have only left me with 500 a month for bills and life in general. This hobby would have been shelved for good for me.:Scared:
                Until just recently it was shelved for me for the last 8 years. However, LIFE IS GOOD and will continue getting better this coming year. A buddy of mine who I have not seen or heard from for over 30 years came to see me Thursday. Come to find out he is a EDF flyer as well. He brought some of his FW & FMS jets, we spent 2 days catching up and flying planes. Life is looking better for sure.

EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

Comment

Heck yeah! Absolutely!

Comment

I have ZERO planes cause I cant afford the hobby anymore after over 30 yrs in the hobby

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                      I have ZERO planes cause I cant afford the hobby anymore after over 30 yrs in the hobby
                      Things will turn around Mikey, once upon a time I had a money, a crazy custom Corvette and Harley...two years later I didn't have a place to live or a change of clothes. Now I'm very blessed and sure don't take it for granted, I wish you lived closer so you come over and fly anytime you wanted;)
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                        I have around 20 flyable planes. There are planes in my hangar (that used to be the ONES I would take to fly) that I haven't flown in over 3 years. I try to get back to them, but with my limited opportunities to fly each year, it never seems to happen.

Just curious how long it's been since you've flown some of the planes in your hangar
                        Would you be willing to sell some of them? I want to get either a warbird or a jet.

Comment

I was listening to a local radio show host the other day and down here the topic of guns always comes up and the question that is frequently asked is "How many guns do you need?" the usual answer is "Just one more" but the host said "That is the stupidest question. We can't count that high". After a good chuckle I thought to myself ..that applies to model airplanes as well!

Comment

My life has been going down hill and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I need money help and tired of being turned down from jobs. I have a car that I can't drive even though I do with expired tags and no insurance. Might have to sell it just so I have money to survive. I wish I could enjoy the holidays but can't as its to depressing. Its got to the point where I don't want to apply for jobs because of the turn downs. I just wish there was that one person to help me out and it get me going with money so that if I got a job I wouldn't have to dig out of a huge hole. I love my hobby but can't afford it. Everybody at my field tells me you need to get a plane so you can forget about your problems for a few hrs and enjoy the day. But that will never happen cause I'm broke. I try to go to the field but hurts seeing everyone having a good time. I'm a 50 yr failure Just don't know what to do anymore

Comment

My life has been going down hill and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I need money help and tired of being turned down from jobs. I have a car that I can't drive even though I do with expired tags and no insurance. Might have to sell it just so I have money to survive. I wish I could enjoy the holidays but can't as its to depressing. Its got to the point where I don't want to apply for jobs because of the turn downs. I just wish there was that one person to help me out and it get me going with money so that if I got a job I wouldn't have to dig out of a huge hole. I love my hobby but can't afford it. Everybody at my field tells me you need to get a plane so you can forget about your problems for a few hrs and enjoy the day. But that will never happen cause I'm broke. I try to go to the field but hurts seeing everyone having a good time. I'm a 50 yr failure Just don't know what to do anymore
                              What is your trade/career? Have you depleted your unemployment benefits?

EAA# 1366802
                              AMA# 631508

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WC.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	170009 Don't mean to be cheeky with this attachment, but just remember that model aviation will always be there and you can return to it after a period of "self-discovery". Life is fixable. Get a copy of "The Art Of Happiness" by the Dalai Llama. Guaranteed to give you perspective....

Comment

Goodbye everyone , its time to leave

Comment

Pray and have faith... Your depression is only temporary... God will show you the way if you will only trust in Him.... I am praying for you now!! Hang in there Bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Pray and have faith... Your depression is only temporary... God will show you the way if you will only trust in Him.... I am praying for you now!! Hang in there Bro...
                                      AMEN! Same here.

EAA# 1366802
                                      AMA# 631508

Comment

Poor guy. Most of us complain about not having a good field or the one plane you want so very much, but he is going through something right now. We can wish him luck and hope that we will see him at the field or here on the Squawk once again.
                                        Pull through man, it'll get better.

Comment

Hang in there bud, Prayers and good vibes being sent your way

Comment

Working...
                                          X