X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give us an idea

Hey Guys I know you have things in the pipeline and are keeping under wraps but lots of times in the past and now I've been ready with the money set aside for a new plane . If I had a better idea of what's coming soon I will be better at holding off . Maybe it will be something I want or maybe not . But it does give MRC a better chance of getting my purchase than spending it at another Hobby site . Just a thought . I know Alpha enjoys the word play with hints but those take lots of time puts no money in the kitty

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Hey Bryan, We will not tell anyone what's next until it's on the water on the way to the warehouses. Mainly because if we told everyone XXX will arrive on YY/2019 but then run into a QC issue and it gets delayed we end up with egg on our faces. It only happened to us with the new 450 Heli's we announced. We got a bit overzealous and spilled the beans early then ran into some issues we have to fix before we can sell them. And obviously, some other companies have had that problem too. We only just announced the Corsair so you are safe for a bit on the next big thing and if we can't get your business on this go around, hopefully, our next release will peak your interest.

Thanks again for being such a valued customer and great contributor on the HobbySquawk forum. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
      Hey Bryan, We will not tell anyone what's next until it's on the water on the way to the warehouses. Mainly because if we told everyone XXX will arrive on YY/2019 but then run into a QC issue and it gets delayed we end up with egg on our faces. It only happened to us with the new 450 Heli's we announced. We got a bit overzealous and spilled the beans early then ran into some issues we have to fix before we can sell them. And obviously, some other companies have had that problem too.
      Not only egg on your faces but you can infuriate your potential customers with "catch up ball" by saying stuff you shouldn't say on the internet and then have to do some goofy crap because you can't do a proper release. It's painfully obviously who that other "company" is that most recently had to do that STUPID back pedaling. They called it a lottery but we all suspect it was "Oh my GAWD, what do we do now to save face and make this thing not look as bad as it is"? Noone can really know exactly what happened but when speculation is met with such blatantly POOR customer relations in their responses, we know something bad and embarrassing happened. In my case, they lost a life long customer. It's better to say nothing, go dark and resurface when the mistake is fixed. Or even better, don't spill the beans till you've got the beans in hand.

Comment

Sometimes we learn the hard way. I think we learned the hard way with the 450 helis James mentioned. We were super excited to show them off. oops. uggh! There is a lot going on behind the scenes. Our whole team has never worked as hard on new products are we are right now. Some will become clear in the next 6 weeks or so. Some a few months. The Chinese New Year factory shutdowns will delay everything at least a month since the factories are all closed for the month of Feb. Cash flow is always brutal this time of year because we have to order multiple months of stock all at once. Anyway, I'm trying to think of the best way to catch you guys up. Mark and I never really go in front of the camera. I'm not sure we are camera worthy - lol. I'm tossing around the idea of a quarterly "what's happening at Motion RC" video that Mark and I would do or maybe just on an as needed basis? Not sure. Still toying with ideas. If you guys have any ideas, please share them.

Comment

My best advice would to continue exactly what you as a company have been doing! I think that with the 450's most forget the fact that this is a completely new project. Not a Blade or stock 450 size mechanics with a nice body thrown on. I for one appreciate that it's taking time to get it right. Other companies would have probably released something just to promise a V2, then a V3, so on to fix what should have been addressed in testing/manufacturing. I also appreciate Hippie being completely respectful in asking his question. Some have been outright ridiculous in demanding answers for what they are "entitled" to know.

Truth be told, we have all become a bit spoiled with where the hobby is right now. The bar has been raised so high with the amazing planes/heli's on the market that we are like rabid dog's waiting for the next delicious bone to be thrown our way! Imagine what the FW F14 or a Roban AH-64 would have cost 10/15 years ago. To think that toys like this are within reach of the normal (maybe not the Roban) person simply blows my mind.

Thanks for doing what y'all do for us rabid dogs:Scared:

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
            I'm tossing around the idea of a quarterly "what's happening at Motion RC" video that Mark and I would do or maybe just on an as needed basis? Not sure. Still toying with ideas. If you guys have any ideas, please share them.
            I think that's a great idea. Can only serve to further whet our appetites for more great offerings from Motion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
              I'm tossing around the idea of a quarterly "what's happening at Motion RC" video that Mark and I would do or maybe just on an as needed basis? Not sure. Still toying with ideas. If you guys have any ideas, please share them.
              I would LOVE that!

Comment

+1 on that deal, a monthly video report would be great!:Cool:

Comment

I believe that open communication with the customer base is healthy. From a customer stand point it would be nice to know how long it might be before another 1600mm single engine warbird is released? Six weeks? Six months, or not currently planned.

I am the named inventor on five United States Patents, have worked in Product Development and I know how schedules slip. Most people could not comprehend how may things can derail the scheduled release date of a new product. The decision of how much information to share with the customer base regarding new product plans is not easy.

My word of caution would be don't commit (or create expectations relating) to a communication plan and not follow though. It would be better to leave things as they are.

I will say that I hold Motion RC and Freewing / Flightline in the highest regard.

Bob DeGood

Comment

Working...
                  X