X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help building my first plane

I know I might be asking for a lot here but I was hoping someone could help get me on track to build a glider out of some cheap packaging foam I have. I have 0 artistic abilities and I dont have all the stuff to make those "hot wire" cutters. I understand the physics of the center of mass and lift, my problem is just that I have no idea how to decide the demensions for all the parts. Once I figure that out I guess I will just sand the foam into the desired shape. I would also like to make it so that I can later add control surfaces if it can actually glide on its own.

Check out the hobby Shop - they have some nice foam gliders that would give you a good start point. You could probably get a couple of them for $20. Use one as a test bed and the other once you achieve some success - check out some of the YouTube videos from FliteTest group.

Comment

I'm not sure if this will help, but, you may want to check out the 'Flite Test' web site. They do a lot of diy type builds, they may have something you could use .. Good Luck
      Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

Working...
      X