Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and need help fixing reverse aileron please?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and need help fixing reverse aileron please?

So back in November my buddy had gotten me a dynam focke wulf fw-190. It has a 50" wingspan and just a great looking warbird. I spent many hours on a slightly smaller over wing trainer and in a simulator. I had finally gotten parts I needed to get her air worthy. I repurposed the transmitter from my trainer (it was the horizon hobby sport cub s (E-flite MLP6DSM). My receiver is a Spektum AR620. Running an Admiral 4s 3000 mAh 14.8 v 35c battery. Took me a little while to figure out what went to which channel for the transmitter. After about 15-20 min of patiently going through each channel with the motor to learn what control movement caused the motor to activate. Once I got it all figured out and all plugged in properly, my ailerons are reversed and it seems like nothing I do will fix it. Is my only solution to go out and but a new transmitter?

That's a very cheap TX, with very little in the way of programmable features, certainly NO servo reverse. If you don't plan to progress any further in this hobby, then it'll do. However, if you do plan on going further, then you really should get a current generation of digital programmable TX. OK, so let's say you are staying with what you've got, the simplest and cheapest way to resolve your problem is to get a servo reverser and plug that between the AIL plug and the RX port. That "should" resolve the problem. Now, you may find that flying a Dynam warbird with that cheap TX may be more problem than you may be prepared for. You will have no way of dialing in expo, which you will likely need for the 190. Without expo and the ability to dial in a specific lower rate, that plane could be so twitchy that it may be unflyable. Additionally, this TX has very short range and the 190 can get away from you very quickly. My personal opinion would be to forget this TX and get a good one. Even if you can fix the reversed AIL, you may crash the 190 or lose it in the first flight.
    PS, do you know for sure that the retracts can be controlled by that switch? Also, that panic switch won't work with that plane and RX but what's more important, do you know what it will do if you push it on the new plane?

Comment

About the same cost as the servo reverse device... buy reversed servos.

Way back when I started, the choice was doing a mechanical solution or having a servo rewired for reverse. Rewiring for reverse isn't practical on a mini or micro servo.

In spare parts for other Dynam models will be the reversed servos.

For initial flights getting used to the FW-190, adjust the ailerons both slightly up. Appx 1/16 to 1/32 inch (at trailing edge) up frm centered. This gives a small amount of washout and that will make the model have less chance to drop a wing when it stalls.

Eventually, you will want the better TX for sure.

Panic switch, I would expect activates, the 6th channel Hold in and one direction full throw vs released full the other direction. You can plug a servo that is not mounted in the aircraft in the 6h channel (AUX) to verify.

Do any testing with the prop removed. Then accidentally starting the motor won't be dangerous.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Even a Spektrum DXe with an Admiral reciever could make an inexpensive set up. You’ll want to get the Spektrum App and cord for programming with an iPad or phone and it can be a bit time consuming but worth the effort to mak an upgrade. Better yet, the DX6 will be a significant approach to moving forward in the hobby.

Comment

Working...
        X