X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Alpha??

Haven't seen a word from him in a while?? Is he on vacation?

Woody

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
    Haven't seen a word from him in a while?? Is he on vacation?

Woody
    It's sort of his standard MO.
    Pops in for a short bit and then communication blackout for awhile.
    All part of his overseas new project responsibilities.
    This has been going on ever since he left the Customer Service Mgr position for the product development responsibilities some 2+ years ago.;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Charley.

Woody

Comment

Or he could be just spending some time with family before a long junket to China to bust some heads.

Comment

ORRR!!!
          He could be knee deep in the technical drawings for the new 2000mm OV-10!!!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            ORRR!!!
            He could be knee deep in the technical drawings for the new 2000mm OV-10!!!

Grossman56
            Isn't that kind of a selfish thought this time of year? Especially for all the things he's done for us. I guess only veterans understand what it's like during the holidays with a deployment coming up. And anyways it's a 1400 mm Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Isn't that kind of a selfish thought this time of year? Especially for all the things he's done for us. I guess only veterans understand what it's like during the holidays with a deployment coming up. And anyways it's a 1400 mm Bronco.
              Self righteous much? Some of us keep the home fires burning while are boys are out doing what the government tell them to do. Then some of us are taking vets around to the VA. God this country sometimes has all sorts.
              AMA 1102566

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

Self righteous much? Some of us keep the home fires burning while are boys are out doing what the government tell them to do. Then some of us are taking vets around to the VA. God this country sometimes has all sorts.
                First, thank you for helping out my shipmates. Second, wasn't trying to be self-righteous, but then again, twenty years, two Med deployments, two Western Pacific deployments and a world cruise does alter ones perspective.

Comment

First, thank you for helping out my shipmates. Second, wasn't trying to be self-righteous, but then again, twenty years, two Med deployments, two Western Pacific deployments and a world cruise does alter ones perspective.
                  I know what its life Father is a vet uncles are vets brother is a vet ex wife still deployed. I know the loss and pain of saying goodbye.
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

Well, I'm a recently retired Captain, and would like to say thank you to you all who participate & support for your service!

Woody

PS, I've only been a member here for under a year, I like Alpha! Wasn't sure where he went. Just was checking.

Comment

Wow... way to try to ruin a fun comment!

Anyway, I was curious where Alpha disappeared to as well but just chalked it up to his mysterious personality! But, maybe it is the wrong time of year to say something like that? :Thinking::Not-Talking:

Comment

Like Charlie(OV10) mentioned, it is Alpha's standard MO. When he is stateside he can be pretty active on the forums, but he has been spending much of his time in the orient for the past couple of years. He has mentioned that good internet access can be had to come by sometimes.

From what I know of him, he's very much "hands on" with every aspect of a model from initial concept to shipping from the factory. He takes great pride in giving us a quality model at a reasonable price point. He's just that dedicated to the proccess. I, for one am very greatfull he does. When he does get on the forum, it certainly is fun and we often get a glimps of what's to come and how we are going to get there. He's sometimes on the RCAfterhours podcasts. Those are worthwhile listening to. Trident and Wolves should be on the horizon somewhere.........:)

Comment

Yes, come on guys I wasn't meant do be anything other than a funny remark. I have an Uncle who serviced in Italy and had the top of his head shot off while riding his motorcycle through enemy lines to bring help. He had a plate for the rest of his life. My uncle went in on D Day and another uncle was Special Forces in Korea. Alot of my buddies here on the Squawk and here in Wyoming know me and know how much I love and respect them and the things they've done to ensure our freedom....

Now, where is Alpha?

Merry Christmas Alpha, wherever you are.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

:Cool::Cool::Cool::P:P:P:);):Not-Talking::Not-Talking:

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Yes, come on guys I wasn't meant do be anything other than a funny remark. I have an Uncle who serviced in Italy and had the top of his head shot off while riding his motorcycle through enemy lines to bring help. He had a plate for the rest of his life. My uncle went in on D Day and another uncle was Special Forces in Korea. Alot of my buddies here on the Squawk and here in Wyoming know me and know how much I love and respect them and the things they've done to ensure our freedom....

Now, where is Alpha?

Merry Christmas Alpha, wherever you are.

Grossman56
                              I knew ya were kidding G'man!

Best Regards
                              Woody

Comment

I knew ya were kidding G'man!

Best Regards
                                Woody
                                I can tell you when he probably WON'T be in China. That'd be February 5th-15th because the place (or at least Hong Kong) shuts down for New Years.

Comment

Hey mate, I was just wondering, he was posting quite a bit then blank. I didn't know he didn't post when he was in China. Still kinda new here Valk.

Woody

Comment

He does post from China, but the internet services are spotty at times...

Comment

Hey mate, I was just wondering, he was posting quite a bit then blank. I didn't know he didn't post when he was in China. Still kinda new here Valk.

Woody
                                      Might be taking a breather with the 25th being past. From what I read between the lines over on one of the helo threads, and what he "could neither confirm nor deny" that they might be having troubles with the vendors in China.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        He does post from China, but the internet services are spotty at times...
                                        Heavy government monitoring from that end does cause some interference.

Comment

Working...
                                        X