X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow ,engine vs electric; glow engine displacement vs electric size

OLLLD fart here (80!) Moving into retirement community and want to return to teen age passion for u-control. Can anyone give me convenient conversion formula/chart between glow engine and electric size. E.G. what electric to replace 29 Fox glow to electric? TYVM

Hi Bruce, I can fully identify with wanting to return to your modelling youth.... halcyon days when the sun shone and the wind was always light! ???? I remember them well
    Anyway, to return to the point... you'll find that several manufacturers use designations like Power 25 or G46 etc to list their motors and these are usually reasonable approximations of their glow powered namesakes. You'll probably need to do a little fine tuning, but it's a good place to start.

Pete

Comment

100 watts per pound of model (RTF with battery) is advanced trainer to moderate aerobatic performance.

150 watts per pound is unlimited vertical (with correct prop selection)

200 watts per pound and higher are needed fr "3D" where you need the power t accelerate up rapidly from hanging in the prop.

Assume normal operation limit of 80% of the motor's "rated" max watts. Running at the rated max will lead to overheating if the motor is enclosed in a cowl without well designed airflow to the motor
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Here's a source for what you need.
        Brodak Manufacturing - Control Line Flying

Comment

Working...
        X