You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow Planes Liquid Foam Sheeting, Has anyone tried this?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Planes Liquid Foam Sheeting, Has anyone tried this?

Was wondering if anyone here has tried the Wow Planes Liquid Sheeting on there foam models. I've always wanted to get a glossy finish on my foam models. This stuff looks like it could do just that. Has anyone tried it? See Link.

Best Regards
    Woody

Not sure if you can actually order it. This is from the front page of their site :

DUE TO FAMILY HEALTH REASONS THIS SITE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED YOU CAN ACCESS ALL THE PAGES AND LINKS BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPLETE AND ORDER.

Comment

I want to order their MD-80 kit as I fly one in real life but disappointed they are most likely not making the kit at more.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
        Was wondering if anyone here has tried the Wow Planes Liquid Sheeting on there foam models. I've always wanted to get a glossy finish on my foam models. This stuff looks like it could do just that. Has anyone tried it? See Link.

Best Regards
        Woody
        Yes. I tried it once. You just mix up your own batch with stuff you can buy at the hardware store. My experience was it was a little heavy but it does low out make a nice finish after some practice. It's also non toxic. Personally I still like using traditional urethane or resin and maybe light fiberglass. More sanding and more steps but in my mind may be less weight but I may not have used the liquid sheeting process properly and only "tried" it once.

Comment

Looks very similar to results achieved with 1 part Foam Finish by Beacon. Dries hard and goes on easily. Great stuff for a model you want to paint, or protect the finish on.

Foam Finishing Compound - 8oz from Beacon - 54947-12301

Comment

Working...
          X